D-Tech 62/12 arrived.

SandDiesel

ATS manifold comes in Friday and install shortly after.

CopyofCIMG0933.jpg

looks good, how much $ was it? and where did you buy it?

tell us how it works... kinda interested in those turbos

D tech?

is that a new brand name? I've never heard of them, just wondering

Probably the same turbo everyone else is selling with their brand name on the box =P

i had this turbo as a single before i bought the rest of the twins kit,i loved it,spooled fast and kept it cool,of course the twins kit is even better

I was looking at that charger but couldnt find any feedback from anyone. I know the price looked good compared to many of the other "name" brand chargers out there.

The Brand Name really makes up for the differences between all the S300 turbocharger available...

LOL! good call...

as long as they're using new Borg Warner/Schwitzer parts and they're balanced properly, it's the same cookie, just different food coloring

Sorry gents, been pre-occupied with work and family. I've been running the D-tech for about six months without any issues. It is a 62/71/12 by the way. Initial spool up is close to stock then it takes off pretty fast into the high 30's (psi). Budget restrictions led to this turbo and so far its been very reliable and I'm glad I didn't spend $1500 on one. Support was great as I am a novice diesel modder. Brett at Diesel Power Source, 801-898-4803, will take as much time on the phone as you need, if you do. I just called a minute ago to price the kit to upgrade mine to twins and it'll be about $2500 if you bought the first one from him. Good luck and feel free to ask anything.

. It is a 62/71/12 by the way. Initial spool up is close to stock then it takes off pretty fast into the high 30's (psi).

so you can get a 62/71 with a 12 housing? thats what i wanted to do when i had my old turbo(62/71/14) but they said it was not available and it would not work. a 14 was the smallest they could or would put on it for me. too bad i did not know about these turbos before. oh well. good luck with it and continue to give us feedback.

When I contacted Diesel power source They told me the only the only exhaust housing the had was a 12..

When I contacted Diesel power source They told me the only the only exhaust housing the had was a 12..

I have the 12. I believe when I bought mine he said I could upgrade to 14 but I'll do twins before that. Price is great and so far is the turbo. Yeah I was concerned about the company's longevity but talking to Brett again today let me know their alive and well.

Sorry gents, been pre-occupied with work and family. I've been running the D-tech for about six months without any issues. It is a 62/71/12 by the way. Initial spool up is close to stock then it takes off pretty fast into the high 30's (psi). Budget restrictions led to this turbo and so far its been very reliable and I'm glad I didn't spend $1500 on one. Support was great as I am a novice diesel modder. Brett at Diesel Power Source, 801-898-4803, will take as much time on the phone as you need, if you do. I just called a minute ago to price the kit to upgrade mine to twins and it'll be about $2500 if you bought the first one from him. Good luck and feel free to ask anything.

I just got off the pnohe w/ Brett he said its a 62/12 w/ a 66 turbine wheel not a 71, unless you have something different

Back