D80 vs, AAM 11.5

I remember a thread on here where somebody bent or crushed the axle tubes on an AAM. Is that a freak thing or common?
I remember that also but if i remember right he didnt have traction bars and it twisted

Pretty sure you can get a spool and axles for the AAM.

Yes there are. I have a Full Spool and big shaft setup from Tony Burkhardt. Very nice stuff. I got tired of killing stock shafts. The axle shafts are the weak link. SCS and Moser dont hold up any better than stockers. I bought my part from Tony and hard Mark Petros at Greensburg machine set it all up.:rockwoot: If I break it again I am going Rockwell.

Tony axles shafts are so lare that the spindles needs reamed out os they will fit. The size difference between a stock shaft and Tonys is almost 1/4".:evil

Yes there are. I have a Full Spool and big shaft setup from Tony Burkhardt. Very nice stuff. I got tired of killing stock shafts. The axle shafts are the weak link. SCS and Moser dont hold up any better than stockers. I bought my part from Tony and hard Mark Petros at Greensburg machine set it all up.:rockwoot: If I break it again I am going Rockwell.

Tony axles shafts are so lare that the spindles needs reamed out os they will fit. The size difference between a stock shaft and Tonys is almost 1/4".:evil

How much material is left on the spindle after you ream them out? Are the 1.625" axles?

There is still good beef left in the spindle. The axles are somewhere around their.:evil

Not very much metal there on a Dana 80 spindle to ream much of it off!!

Dana 80's got a big hole though, remember Scheid 37 spline axles and Spool are a bolt in, Remember some Dana 80's come factory with 37 spline axles (87-97 F-Superduty rears), and that is what i plan to use, the only down fall is they are 10 lug axles.....but im still planning on running one under my truck with a welded carrier.....

Back