daily driver sled puller?

bahdiesel2001

its in the works!
i got everything on my sig and i was thinkin if i got some ddp 250s and a silver bullet with head studs and o rings? i just want something that does decent at the local fairs and someithing i can still drive to school and any opinon on the boxes i should run comp redline etc....

i got everything on my sig and i was thinkin if i got some ddp 250s and a silver bullet with head studs and o rings? i just want something that does decent at the local fairs and someithing i can still drive to school and any opinon on the boxes i should run comp redline etc....

You are heading in the right direction. That should be a good setup. Being that you have a automatic, I would get a Edge Drag comp.

thanks yeah i was thinkin the comp too im for sure going to get those sticks and the turbo and studs and rings im just worried about what boxs to run do i really need the 4k? what about the comp hot unlock and redline or my smarty and redline???

thanks yeah i was thinkin the comp too im for sure going to get those sticks and the turbo and studs and rings im just worried about what boxs to run do i really need the 4k? what about the comp hot unlock and redline or my smarty and redline???

Being it is a automatic, you'll never see 4k rpm before it shifts. I would get a Drag comp & stack it with your Smarty.

If you get on a real fast sled you might see a little over 3200. Last year on real slippery or loose tracks I saw 3500-3700 down the track with an Adrenaline. Tight tracks, power track I was seeing anywhere from 2900-3200.

sounds like you'll have a good setup. i ran ddp comp 250's, DFVP, ht66mm, tst comp and smarty with a 6spd and i did pretty good. good luck.

We saw 4k running 2nd gear locked up with 3.55 gears, running a fairly loose converter.

I think lack of rpms will be your only downfall. what vp are you gonna run?

im running a II hotrod vp p pump would be too much money i want to keep it simple and get some rpms

Sounds like a good plan, I am in the same boat. If thats as far as youre going to do with/to the truck i dont think O-rings are needed. I ran a very similar VP for a year on stock head bolts at 60#'s of boost. I have studs now, just cause I got nervous.

I have hot unlock for my truck and 100hp injectors and mine put down 465hp and 868tq this fall. But am looking at bigger injectors. And i drive mine on the street and its not to bad little smokey at frist but onces the turbo lights it cleans out

Silver bullets don't always pass 2.6 plugs. You may want to keep some ice handy if your association does turbo checks.

Back