Dana 70 IRS?

Dana 60 vs 70 is still going to be strength limited to available axle components. So instead of breaking differentials, ring and pinions, or housings, you'll break axles.

You could use a Dana S110 setup and you're still going to find something to break.

Dana 60 vs 70 is still going to be strength limited to available axle components. So instead of breaking differentials, ring and pinions, or housings, you'll break axles.

You could use a Dana S110 setup and you're still going to find something to break.

There are also companies offering cv axles in 300M as an option.

I don't see a Dana 70 or a 9 inch having a real issue with breakage on an open track car. It wouldn't see near the shock loads it would in drag racing. I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume we're not talking about stabbing an IRS in a 7000lb+ ride to stick at corners. The weight loss alone would make either axle a decent choice.

Thanks about the feedback.

The Dana 70 IRS would be nice setup for my hot rod truck, but only in my dreams, in real life it would be too costly to make with only little advantage.

Like it was mention before with 4-link+ watts link+coilovers the result will be close to IRS only fraction of cost and it will be more simple.

I also do not see any weight advantage.

Thanks about the feedback.

The Dana 70 IRS would be nice setup for my hot rod truck, but only in my dreams, in real life it would be too costly to make with only little advantage.

Like it was mention before with 4-link+ watts link+coilovers the result will be close to IRS only fraction of cost and it will be more simple.

I also do not see any weight advantage.

If you can relocate to a fuel cell in the bed or in a toolbox in the bed it opens up a lot of options for link placement.

You could do the 70 irs or 80 irs, you would really need to decide if you want half shafts or drive axles.

The only problem is going to be the arms and the hubs, the center section is the easy part.
Having a 7000 lb truck and handling and the arms controlling the power with hubs handling the loads are the issue.

I'll make one decision for you, half shafts, because drive axles aren't there yet for that kind of power, i don't even think RCV could deal with it.

There are also companies offering cv axles in 300M as an option.

Like i said, drive axles aren't there yet, those 300m break in cars with far less tq and 30% of the weight.

Half shafts are the only choice and then packaging that with upper and lower arms and hubs to deal with that power and weight, and springs...
Coil overs, hyd spring, or coil spring.

I'll bet the A arms are going to need 4 link reinforced hubs to deal with the tq trying to move them.

So now you'll have that issue to deal with and bushings, rubber sucks for handling, and nylon is the best for street and less deflection.

. While some may think its gonna be lighter, i think it's going to be the same or heavier with a 4 link enforced hub to help the A arms.

More complicated and really it'll be a car, with really no truck use.

Last edited:
Back