Dana 70 yoke question

1lowdiesel

Ok so i have a D70 out of a Ford van and the yoke on it has a flang where the U joint and straps would bolt to. I just got a D70 yoke from a member here and it's completely different. It's like a normal pinion yoke that slides onto the splines.

My question is will i just be able to unbolt the one that's on the rear now and put the one i have now on?

this is what i just recieved.

AXLE%20&%20DIFFERENTIAL%20Yoke%20YYD44-1350-26S.JPG

this is what's on it
DSC_6569.jpg

Why do you want to get rid of the flange style? Are you not able to find a yolk for it?

I don't want to, i thought he had the correct one that would bolt to this, i just got it today and it's the wrong one. I only looked for 1 day and someone said they had one.

Rather then sell this one and try to hunt down the correct one i was hope i could just swap them out.

which dana 70 do you have? is it the U or the HD

dodge uses the U model which is the weakest. I would probably just modify the drive shaft. If you want to change the yoke, you can but the pinion shaft sizes and bearings are different on the different models.

i would imagine the HD buit not sure.

I actually stopped by a driveshaft place before and they told me they can build me a new shaft w/ u joints and supply the correct flange for around $300 bucks. So i think i'm just gonna do that and sell this one.

Back