Dana 80 5 lug build

ws6 blackbird

Looking to narrow an 80 housing and do custom axles and disk brakes. Going to do 5 lug to keep the 1/2 ton theme going. Where is the best place for axles and the brake set up? I am planning on occasionally bolting on slicks and drag racing. Also would like opinions on lockers. Thanks

For drag racing, I think you'd be better off saving weight and running a modified dana 70 if you already plan to upgrade the axles. If you were planning to run a factory stock rearend, I could see someone using a dana 80.

If you went to a GM 14 bolt there is a lot of options for parts, including 5 lug spindles, and usually it's reasonably priced for what it is.

to save the most weight, and have a killer setup I would look into building a Semi-floater D80 year axle. Info is pretty rare to find on converting a full floater over to a semi but there are guys that are doing it all the time. Todd at TRB machine is building big rockwells with Semi-Floater shafts for the 6200lbs alky 4x4's and I am almost positive he is or has done D70 and D80 semi-floats. Check out his website for some pics http://www.trbmachine.com/TRB_Machine/4_X_4_Rear_Ends.html

He is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff!!!

Im running aerospace dual calipers with 5 lug conversion on the PS truck.

That is what I want to do is make it a semi float 5 lug set up. Where can I buy the parts to build it? Or is it all custom made parts?

Back