Danville 72mm VGT 1st Impressions

Trojan366

trucks are slow
After a few weeks of waiting on various parts and 2 weeks of honeymoon, I was finally able to pick my truck up last night. Let me tell you it was worth the wait. With Mark's tuning and this new 72, the truck lights almost instantly, EGTs climb slower and peak lower, and the power is noticeably increased. I only have about 30 miles on the truck but couldn't be happier. I am only seeing 40psi of boost but I have ported heads and all my charge pipes and intercooler are larger than stock which could be the reason. I'm going to talk to mark and possibly send him a few logs but for a first shot at tuning the truck, it is one hell of a ride!!!! Now that I've seen the fuel these 60s will provide with proper tuning, I think I need to start looking into an Huron Speed 483 twin kit.....

And I forgot this isn't posted on DuramaxDiesels. Mark Broviak at Danville Performance out of Indiana starts with a 4094AVNT charger and modifies it into a 72mm. He has made 894hp on the same charger that I am running now. In a twin setup with an 83 it made 1151hp on a single Exergy stroker pump.

And this is what makes me want to buy a duramax.

It's the smart thing to do lol. I am in the process of putting a billet TCT S483 over the 72. Quick spool and enough air to support well over 1000hp without pushing the chargers.

I want to upgrade my 4094 to this monster from what I read there bottom end friendly if you stay out of throttle for long periods. .. But that with anything

I want to upgrade my 4094 to this monster from what I read there bottom end friendly if you stay out of throttle for long periods. .. But that with anything

Depends on what you have for fuel. Stock fuel I think it will be a bit laggy but safe. With injectors and a stroker pump or dual fuelers. It'd be a different story. I just twinned mine so I will report back about that in the next couple weeks. Should hammer with a tct 83 feeding it

Back