data log with a tablet?

Dont waste your time with that only 2gb of ram. With windows 8.1 being a Ram hog and now windows 10 is coming out I assume it will be as bad. I would suggest getting the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 that has at least 4 gig or ram and a i5 processor.

And the pro comes with the pen for better use.

Also I wouldn't see why you couldn't data log on it its technically a windows Operating System and 8.1 is almost the same format code wise from PC to tablet.

Last edited:
I have a surface 2 pro mounted in my drag truck. It works well for datalogging with efi live.

Can't say on efi live but with Nira we're using a tablet for logging and as a dash and if it has 3g or lte can do real time tuning at the track and see the race or pull in real time.

thanks so far guys, this would be something to suggest for a friend who needs a better way to data log so he can get info to and from his tuner.

What are you going to use sofware and hardware wise? I'd like to do something along these lines but haven't read into it that much yet.

I kinda like the idea of using a tablet to data log. Would be easy to use as a gauges also. Now you have me thinking on a way to integrate it into the dash.

Back