data logger

dangerous06

diesel tech
What are people using to data log? Seems it would be helpful in setting up the smarty SSR and UDC if it ever comes out!

The Quadzilla gauge pod I use has great data logging.

IMG00014-20111103-0809.jpg

It retains minimum and maximum numbers for:

EGT
Fuel pressure
Rail pressure
Engine load
Trans temp
Boost
Intake air temp
Speed
RPM, etc, etc

The Quadzilla gauge pod I use has great data logging.

It retains minimum and maximum numbers for:

EGT
Fuel pressure
Rail pressure
Engine load
Trans temp
Boost
Intake air temp
Speed
RPM, etc, etc

Retaining max and min numbers is hardly "data logging"...and your choice in beers is HORRENDOUS! :hehe:

Even the new Edge datalogging leaves MUCH to be desired. Not sure why, but it doesn't log rail pressure. Maybe it changes with what you choose to display on the monitor itself? I'll go try it and report back.

Here is what the Edge Monitors for its Datalog:
  • Coolant temp
  • Vehicle Speed
  • Corrected Speed
  • Engine Load
  • Power Level
  • Turbo Boost
  • Juice EGT
  • Backdown%
  • Engine RPM

Even the new Edge datalogging leaves MUCH to be desired. Not sure why, but it doesn't log rail pressure. Maybe it changes with what you choose to display on the monitor itself? I'll go try it and report back.

Here is what the Edge Monitors for its Datalog:
  • Coolant temp
  • Vehicle Speed
  • Corrected Speed
  • Engine Load
  • Power Level
  • Turbo Boost
  • Juice EGT
  • Backdown%
  • Engine RPM

Ok, I changed my display around and yes, it does log the data from whatever PID is being displayed.

Attachments

• datalog.jpg
    datalog.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
Version .1 installed on first gen.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
ISSPRO makes a nice unit for the 1st and 2nd gens, but if you have a newer truck, EFI baby, I love mine

ISSPRO makes a nice unit for the 1st and 2nd gens, but if you have a newer truck, EFI baby, I love mine

:clap:

Exactly. Get rid of the SSR and step up to a V2.

For the price of the V2's tuning options you get the data logger for free. Then you will be able to see if that TC pump is keeping up.

RPM Performance builds a really good one and they have been doing diesels for a long time in both tractors and pulling trucks. I have used them for over 15 years, and Randy is one of the nicest guy you will ever meet.
RPM has the ability to save up to 10 runs at a time, and a blue tooth download option is available.
I helped them lay out a system that is entry level on CR truck
Engine RPM
Drive shaft RPM
Rail pressure
Boost pressure
Drive pressure
1 EGT
4 digital ( off , on) channels
All this for a little over $1100 and you get the Pro software.

RPM Performance Racing Electronics, Data Loggers Systems, Sensors, Nitrous system
405 495 0454

Pro_Blower_Syste_4bab9b2edb1a8.jpg

here are a few examples

rpmramp.jpg

Here is one I’m proud of , it’s my nice hitting shift points setting a standing mile record for the TDI of 132.44

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

What logger is this?

It is a FW Murphy PV750. I hit a button and it logs. When done, I hit the stop button. Then I hit the download button and it dumps it all to a thumb drive in a comma seperated file. I open that in Excel and plot what I want. It will log any PGN/SPN on which ever data bus you connected it to. Long story, but here is some reading.

FW Murphy - PowerView 750 Display

ECM Programmers ?? and Secret Squirrel Chit - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Too expensive for most as the display alone is about 2 grand, software is around $700...but you asked. :D

the RPM data logger has a really good auto start that can be set on engine RPM, Drive shaft RPM . you tell it to start data logging of a given RPM and then also tell it to log for a given number of seconds before that event .

so it you launch and want ot start at wheel rpm of 100 , you can start the log at 2 or 3 seconds before to catch the spool up.

the software is free and avalable to anyone on the internete to down load so you can send files as well as the means to open them.

Back