Data logger

Igotit

Keep On Truckin'
I want to buy a data logger so if I blow my junk up I know why. Can anyone recomend one they have used before so I can start looking. I am going to mount a laptop in my truck also if that has any advantage. Thank you

I have an older style Corsa set up here as well. It's on my list to be updated but not in 2008 :( I had the lateset and greatest Corsa system last year but it went with the old truck, was an easy install with less and smaller componets. Got it through Kent and Scheid's

BBD

I want to monitor between stages of the chargers, All 8 egt, crank speed, low pressure oil, high pressure oil and fuel pressure. Are they capable of monitoring that? Thank you for all the help

The Corsa can monitor that and more, you build what you want.

Mine is set up to monitor:

6 EGT's
Boost pressure between stages
Total Boost Pressure
Exhaust Pressure
Total Exhaust Pressure
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Water Injection Pressure
Water injection 1st selinoid pressure
Water injection 2nd selinoid pressure
Engine RPM
Charge air temp
Cool air temp
Bottom turbo temp
Top turbo temp
Battery Volts

BBD

That is exactly what I need than. So I should call Schieds and get some pricing? Thank you very much for all the help!

BigBadDodge said:
The Corsa can monitor that and more, you build what you want.

Mine is set up to monitor:

6 EGT's
Boost pressure between stages
Total Boost Pressure
Exhaust Pressure
Total Exhaust Pressure
Fuel Pressure
Oil Pressure
Water Injection Pressure
Water injection 1st selinoid pressure
Water injection 2nd selinoid pressure
Engine RPM
Charge air temp
Cool air temp
Bottom turbo temp
Top turbo temp
Battery Volts

BBD
Shure beets trying to watch all the gauges .
Dale

TS Performance has one also. It's WAY cheaper than Corsa and can use just about any sensor type you want. Unlike Corsa where you have to use their sensors.

Call TS I have one of the first units of theres and its easy to work on and cost effective.

There's nothing listed of value in the other threads though.

I talked to TS and they said to call them after the first of the year.

don't quote me but i think an entry level unit from TS will be $1200. includes sensors for EGT, IAT hot and cold and 3 pressure. you use the stock tach pickup. no need to upgrade the unit to use the full 8 EGT, 4 pressure/analog, 7 tach/speed and 4 digital inputs. i did hear the first of the year as well.

edelbrock is $1600 for a comparable unit, but only reads max 8 channels even with there 30 channel setup ($3k).

I called TS and the guy I talked to said he didnt know when they would be ready. He also said that if they were close than there race truck would have one in it and it does not have one at this point. Huh who do I need to talk to at TS than???????

I use an RPM data Logger and it works great, One of my suppliers is a dealer for them and got me one, They are cheaper then the others a get the data. If money is no object get a corsa. my old boss from college brother owns the company and he is a very smart guy and has a nice product but even with the friend of the family discount it was out of my budget

Travis

We will be releasing the TS Performance DataAqu at the first of the year. You will be able to data log 10 functions at a time, also you will be able to view one function at a time on the DataAqu handheld screen. I have listed the funtions below:

DataAcq Module and Software User Manual
Revision 1

The DataAcq system is a powerful tool for data logging of your vehicle’s information. The unit can log 10 channels of various types and allows you to view each channel from your vehicle without a PC. Available inputs range from eight thermocouples, four analog sensors, seven frequency inputs and four switch or digital inputs. The harness allows you to connect to all of these sensors at once for a quick change of sensors without rewiring your vehicle. Please read these instructions before operating to get an overview of how the systems works.

Main Menu

The main menu is where the unit should be during normal operation. It will only respond to commands from a PC in this mode. The main menu options are:
• Start recording
• Select channels
• View channel
• Set parameters
• Sample rate
• View highlights (this is only available after a recording)
Start Recording:
Enter this menu option to get ready for a recording. When you enter this mode, it will look at the recording switch to start data logging. When the data logging is finished, the unit will enter the main menu.

Select channels:
In this menu you select the channel types for the ten recording channels. Pressing ‘up’ and ‘Down’ scroll through the ten channels. Pressing ‘left’ and ‘right’ change the channel types. Pressing enter exits this mode. The unit will save the selections on exit.

View channel:
In this menu option, you can view the select channels for a quick real time graph. You can only view selected channels. If the parameters for the channel are correctly set, the channel value will be displayed correctly in the upper right hand corner. Pressing ‘up’ and ‘down’ will scroll through the channels. Pressing ‘right’ will reset the graph. Pressing ‘left’ or ‘enter’ will exit this mode.

Set parameters:
In this menu option, you set the channel parameters according to the channel type and sensor. Scroll though the channels using ‘up’ and ‘down’ buttons. Pressing ‘left’ will exit this menu and save the settings. If you need to set a parameter and you are on the correct channel press ‘enter’ to get into the editing mode. You will see a carrot on the line below beneath the parameter. This signifies which digit will change with the ‘up’ and ‘down’ buttons. Use the ‘left’ and ‘right’ buttons to change the digit location. Press ‘enter’ to exit the editing mode. Analog sensors will prompt you to include a 0.5 volt offset or not.

Sample rate:
In this menu option, you can set the sampling rate. Use the ‘up’ and ‘down buttons to change and ‘left’ or ‘enter’ to exit. Upon exiting the setting will be saved.

View highlights:
This menu option is only available after a data logging run. It is used to view the maximum values of the selected channels during the run.

Debug Menu

The debug menu allows you test the unit and wire harness. To enter the debug menu, press the ‘up’ button during the logo screen. Pressing ‘right’ or ‘enter’ will start the test. Pressing ‘left’ will exit the debug menu and go to the main menu. The following menu options will appear:
• RAM test
• Analog test
• Digital test
• Freq test
• Sample test
RAM test:
This will test the internal memory.
Analog test:
This will test the analog channels. The range will be 0-5volts.
Digital test:
This will test the four switch inputs.
Freq test:
This will test the seven frequency inputs one at a time.
Sample test:
This will test the recording switch.

Channel Types
The DataAcq module connects to variety of sensors and allows you to set the unit to display the data correctly by setting the appropriate parameter value. Only analog inputs, hall effect and frequency inputs require the setting of a parameter. The other can be left as zero. Use the ‘DataAcq Parameter Creator’ software to correctly set the parameter.

Thermocouples 1-8:
These channels measure the output of a K-type thermocouple. Maximum temperature is 2100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Analog Inputs 1-4:
These channels measure any type of sensors with a 0-5 volt range.

Digital Inputs 1-4:
These channels are used for switch inputs. They detect a switch to ground.

Hall Effect Inputs 1-2:
These channels measure a variable reluctance (VR) type sensor. Typically applications these sensors are found on are vehicle speed sensors or a two wire cam/crank sensors.

Frequency Inputs 1-5:
These channels measure frequency from a 0-5 volt sensor. Typical applications are a three-wire cam/crank sensor or output shaft speed sensor.

Mode of operation
After connecting to the correct sensors, the unit needs to be configured correctly. There are two ways to do this, through the unit itself or through the DataAcq software. Using the DataAcq software allows you to save the configurations for future use.

Once the unit is configured correctly, you can use the ‘View channel’ mode to verify each channel is working correctly. To begin data logging, enter the ‘Start recording’ mode. In this mode, the unit will record as long as the recording switch is closed (to ground) or the unit runs out of memory for that particular run. There are 16 runs available for recording before the unit needs to be downloaded to a PC. Power must not be interrupted before the downloading process. The unit will not save each run after power is lost, only the configuration settings are saved. After each run, the ‘View highlights’ menu allows you to review the maximum values of each channel selected.

To download the data, put the unit in the main menu. From the DataAcq software, press the download button. This prompts you to select one of the runs recorded on the unit. Once the downloading is complete, you can save or print the graph.

DataAcq software

The DataAcq software allows you to review the data from your recording for evaluation and configure the unit for correct operation. To configure the unit, enter the configuration mode under the ‘File’ menu. Other features under the ‘File’ menu are open file, save file and print. The ‘Ports’ menu establishes the correct port for communication. This should be the first thing to do to connect. The ‘Channels’ menu allows you to turn each channel off or on. The ‘Graph’ menu allows you to change widths, colors, description and the axis (left or right) of each channel. The “Sample Rate’ menu allows you to change the sample rate of the unit. The ‘Misc’ menu allows you to add an offset to a channel and filter the data to smooth out the data. The manual download feature is a temporary feature and should not be used, it will removed in future versions.

To zoom in or out of the graph, press the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ buttons for either the x or y axis. Use the arrow or slider to move to the desired positions.

The channel description window shows you the min/max values for each channel. Moving the mouse over a channel will display the value for each channel for that particular point in time.

The ‘Redraw’ button redraws the graph if for any reason artifacts show up on the graph.

The ‘Realtime’ button enters you into the realtime mode where you can graph a channel in real time. Upon entering this mode, the software will prompt you to choose a channel. After choosing the channel, you will begin graphing that channel. Press the button to stop.

DataAcq Parameter Creator software

This software allows you to create the correct parameter for analog, hall effect and frequency sensors. Follow the on screen instructions to easily create the parameter.

The actual user manual has detailed pics to make things even easier. If anyone needs them I can e-mail or send them via PM.

Dennis

I got an early version of the TS Data Logger and it worked great all season. The Software is easy to use and download the data. Worth the money. I am only recording EGT, RPM, pre/post IAT and pre/post boost.

Igotit said:
I called TS and the guy I talked to said he didnt know when they would be ready. He also said that if they were close than there race truck would have one in it and it does not have one at this point. Huh who do I need to talk to at TS than???????

sounds like someone is going to get fired tomorrow. who was it? sanders? wizzo?

Back