Data logger

I can not remember who I had talked with now but I am glad Dennis got in here to inform me so I dont make an early decision and buy something from a non supporting vendor when I could have bought something with equal quality and functions from a supporting vendor.
Thank You
Jeff

i dont know if your still looking for a data logger but if you are goto www.fvpdiesel.com he will custum build yea one he makes them for all trucks and tractors and i hope to get one some day when i can afford it

data logger

I used the data logger from Innovate Motorsports. havent got to play to much untill it warms up and i can get some seat time with the new motor.
you can order any of the parts through jegs. i can log all channels for over a hour on one memory card (stole the big card from my girlfriends camera) its alot of wiring and drilling and taping and welding bungs.

all 6 cyl egt
drive psi
boost pre i/c
post i/c
manifold (unnessary went a little overboard)
air/fuel
fuel psi
return psi
fuel temp @ i/p
return into tank
oil psi
temp
intake air temp pre i/c
post i/c
incomming to air filter
manifold (same as boost for the manifold)

What's the ballpark on what you had to spend for the whole setup?

I'm now leaning towards a Racepak since I can use it as a dash as well.

datalog makes one with a dash and all. The guy i know that sells them just made one up for a duramax and put an extra tac and such i dont know much about them i would have to ask i just know he has been useing one in there pullinig tractor from 6 years now

data logger

i had this added up a while back to the penny but not in front of me. i know it was close to $3000 with all of the sensors/bungs/cables. from memory i used 4 ssi-4 units (for all the temps and boost monitoring) and 2 tc-4 (egt monitoring) a lc-1 (for a/r) and dl-32 (for rpm & logging) and a ot-1 (to pull any info i want from the obd port).

That seems like the normal price range for a setup with that many inputs. I guess I just need to decide which one will best fit my needs.

We got a corrsa at the begining of last pulling season and used it all year with no problems and loved it. But im sure dennis's from TS will be a great program as well.

I just got my Data logger ordered from Randy at RPM Performance
Their site is here.

I will monitor:
Engine RPM
6 egts (enclosed)
2 temperature open probes (for air coming out of turbo, and air temp after the air-water ic)
fuel pressure
boost
drive pressure

Should be a nice setup!

data logger

the nice thing about the innovate sys. is you can build it in stages each unit can be logged with a laptop and then if you hook all the boxes to the main unit it will log onto a sd memory card that transfers to the laptop for viewing or they have bluetooth transmitters that send signal directly to your laptop or computer. so many neat features and options.

anyone at the indoor pull in eaton, OH can see the TS performance DataAcq in action. blue dodge std cab with silver flames.

I used the Corsa in the original BBD the newer model is great and easy to work with I got if from Schieds, Kent puts together a nice package/binder everything is all set up for you and it just plugs right in even provided a sensor block which I mounted on the fire wall allowing me to keep the sensors in the cab the logger was in teh glove box.

some photo's here: http://www.diesel-central.com/photogallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=209

BBD

I just got my Data logger ordered from Randy at RPM Performance
Their site is here.

I will monitor:
Engine RPM
6 egts (enclosed)
2 temperature open probes (for air coming out of turbo, and air temp after the air-water ic)
fuel pressure
boost
drive pressure

Should be a nice setup!

I have been running a RPM logger for a while now.....you will not be disapointed with your data logger.....and Randy's service is second to NONE!

With any of the data loggers mentioned above, I assume you only buy the sensors needed for your setup. Can you use any sensors or what type of inputs do the different loggers accept? 4-20 ma? 1-5v? Can you use existing sensors like the cummins crank sensor (hall effect sensor) or do you need another one? The datalogger would have to be able to calibrate the channel to the sensor I guess, not sure if it is possible or if you have to use their sensors for this reason...

Back