DD clutch bein grabby

700kenny

i have valair 3600 ceramic DD clutch, driving around empty it works great and all, but my problem is when i get to towing it gets grabber than #%@!. i tryed it all ,1st and 2nd gear pull outs at idle and at higher rpm's, but with a load trying to pull out smoothy from a dead stop , on say a slight uphill grade or even on the flat, it doesn't happen. i got the clutch for towing and the occasional sled pull but i want more streetabitly is this normal for these clutches or is this to much clutch for me, what do youall think :blahblah1:

The more miles you put on it the better it gets. I was the same way when I got mine. I've got the 3850 so mines still a lil grabby but you figure it out.

recheck everything you could have something loose, check the carrier bearing and drivehsfts.

to help with this promblem valaire will resurface one side of each clutch with cevlar materal. has anyone ever done this?

try to slip it a little your probably building up carbon on the surface i dont have that much trouble with my 3850 it does like some boost once and while

I have a 3600 and I don't think you want to slip it. When you slip it is when it gets really grabby

i have 285/70/17 tires on and 3.73 gears. last night i removed the clutch and when inspected it looked like not all the buttens were wearing at one spot there were three buttens in a roll with no wear. i'm no clutch expert but this seems really odd. theres also a slight discolor on fly wheel/center plate. 6k miles and even no abuse I wonder how valaire will handle this

valair is sending me a new clutch free of charge. there were some thinner clutch pads on somehow they got mixed at the factory. i had about 70% of my clutch actually working. this is why it was so grabbe.

i had a valair and hated it, it took for ever for them to stand behind it. mine eat all the clutch materail off. it was ceraamic on one side and kevlar on the other they sent new disk and pressure plate but i had to pay to get fly wheel turned.:bang will no longer buy a valair i switched to southbends and had nothing but good out of em.

i had a valair and hated it, it took for ever for them to stand behind it. mine eat all the clutch materail off. it was ceraamic on one side and kevlar on the other they sent new disk and pressure plate but i had to pay to get fly wheel turned.:bang will no longer buy a valair i switched to southbends and had nothing but good out of em.

I've had nothing but good luck with mine and the ones I've sold...

I have nothing but good ( no great ) dealings with Valair. Dan even delivered it. Out Standing costumer service!!!

Back