dd cummins diet

srt6

sittin on the side line
i have a 06 qc i want to put on a diet, it a daily driver so stripping the interior is out of the question, any tips?

Rollpan, hitch removal, one battery. Why does your DD need to go on diet?

kinda my thoughts... there isn't an astronomical amount of weight you can pull out of these trucks and still keep them comfortable

lower et's, better fuel mileage, ect...

Rollpan, hitch removal, one battery. Why does your DD need to go on diet?

lower ets, better mileage, ect......., even though its a daily driver i still race it

my bad :eek:

my motto is ELBC "every little bit counts"

BUT, where you might show a few tenths shaving 300lbs from a 3300lb car with 300hp, a 4wd truck that weighs 6500+lbs isn't going to show a ton...

with that said, just start removing stuff you don't need, replace stuff with lighter stuff, etc. there really isn't a lot of "hidden" weight in these trucks. They already make them about as light as they can from the factory :eek:

could take some leafs out the back you really dont need a/c in a dd go to a smaller fuel tank. removeur tailgate. lighter wheels and tires.

just want a little faster et, when i took it to the track i got beat by a 67 camaro trailer queen by .24 so every little bit helps

I agree with tires and wheels, keep them light. I saved 50lbs taking my factory hood off and putting on a carbon fiber, roll pan instead of rear bumper (roll pan was 6lbs total), no hitch, took step rails off, a.c, tailgate,bedliner, rear sway bar, rear seat, switching front seats to summit racing seats. I still drive it a good bit on the street but its not my daily driver. It seems that 300lbs give or take is close to a tenth.

if you have a no sliding rear glass swap it out with lexan and tint it that will save you close to 50 lbs or so. lose the hitch, rear bumper to roll pan, spare tire, second battery, front bumper to sport bumper (cover only) and tail gate i bet that is 300+ lbs

Back