DD Driveline Parts?

ARbowhunter7

Opulence...I Has It.
I'm looking (without success) for parts to beef up my driveline in my 2nd gen and still DD the truck like normal. I'm looking for f/r driveshafts mainly, but they all say "Not for road use".

Advice for other hard parts (better yokes, etc) would be much appreciated.

Most big rig places will build you driveshafts and randys ring and pinion have yokes and Haisley has some too

what exactly have you done to it and what are the specifics and use you want from it

Call Greensburg Machine and let them know what you will be doing with the truck. Mark will set you up with what you need at a great price.

I got my rear drive shaft built for 1480 joints, Haisley front 1480 slip yoke and bought a rear spicer 1480 yoke. All with spicer solid joints. Front i just had rebuilt with all spicer solid. Front axles got spicer solid. I don't see why you couldn't DD it with those above mods. Also bought a 241DHD T-Case. All those things were to beef up the drive line.

I got my rear drive shaft built for 1480 joints, Haisley front 1480 slip yoke and bought a rear spicer 1480 yoke. All with spicer solid joints. Front i just had rebuilt with all spicer solid. Front axles got spicer solid. I don't see why you couldn't DD it with those above mods. Also bought a 241DHD T-Case. All those things were to beef up the drive line.

That's my setup also, I drive my truck every day I had a locally driveshaft shop build mine

Stop buying driveline parts from Haisley, your getting raped.

Well I didn't actually buy it from Haisley. I bought it from.a.member on here who bought it and never uses it. Got it for like $100 I think.

Find a local driveline shop, everything you are talking about comes from Spicer a good shop should be able to find the yokes and U-joints with out paying the big name prices.

Find a local driveline shop, everything you are talking about comes from Spicer a good shop should be able to find the yokes and U-joints with out paying the big name prices.

X2 sames goes for bearings. LOL:poke:

Well I didn't actually buy it from Haisley. I bought it from.a.member on here who bought it and never uses it. Got it for like $100 I think.

Thats not bad, i think the 1480 slip yoke for the DHD/263 is up to $125-$150 range now.

A good driveline shop will have the stuff in stock :Cheer:

Thats not bad, i think the 1480 slip yoke for the DHD/263 is up to $125-$150 range now.

A good driveline shop will have the stuff in stock :Cheer:

Why dont you go ahead and tell him to give you a call, you have it on the shelf!!!

Thanks for the responses guys, that really gets me headed in the right direction.

As for mods/use, the truck will not be making over 700 rwhp for the foreseeable future. I like the around-600 rwhp area its at now for daily driving and (relative) reliability.

The truck is a DD work truck that I'm planning on pulling 2.6 later this year (yes I know it's funny, but a properly set up 650 HP truck can still be competitive in 2.6 around here, as long as none of you Midwest fellas come crash the party).

It's a dually on 35's, NV4500, 4.10's. Running a Detroit Locker rear/ open front and 80" trac bars.

I'm curious as to what makes these parts (like Haisley's front shaft) not for road use? Is it flex, or RPM's maybe? Or do they just say that, kind of like some aftermarket bumper manufacturers say "For off-road use only"?

They probably lost the cv, and no cv with opposing wicked angles and you won't need a dentist to pull your teeth...

you wouldn't want that front shaft in your truck without FWH's

Watching this. I am in the same boat right now for drive shafts. Want to start on a 2.5 puller

Watching this. I am in the same boat right now for drive shafts. Want to start on a 2.5 puller

I wanna say the same thing but I know ill never have the balls to pull it.

Call Greensburg Machine and let them know what you will be doing with the truck. Mark will set you up with what you need at a great price.

X2 for Mark. He's a great guy, Anytime I pick something up from the shop I end up talking for way to long about pulling. He's a puller himself so he has a passion for the sport and knows what works and what doesn't.

Back