DD modified fork help

Mocummins

Trying to figure out how to modify my clutch fork for a dual disc. Not sure how much to remove or really what I'm doing. Going to be running a EEP clutch.

Unless that clutch differs from the other top manufactures shouldnt have to modify shift fork to run a dual disk. Pretty sure clutch fork only has to be modified if running a triple disk. I do seem to recall having to remove the washer behind the shift fork ball that threads into the bellhousing though for a dual disk.

I believe with sbc you have to grind something off the back of the fork.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

What does the clutch manufacturer say? That is where I would start.

Its a EEP clutch, bought it on here used. I believe it needs to be modified, Im just not sure how much to take off. Will call EEP, thanks for the help.

I had one of those clutches back in the day. you have to remove the washer behind the pivot ball and grind the 2 center ribs on the back of the release lever so that the left ( drivers side ) of the lever contacts the bell housing at the point where the slave cylinder is installed.

I had one of there clutches back in the day.I found the instruction for the clutch I had

1)Before disassembling the PP from the FW take notes of the paint marks to align the PP to the FW. also pay close attention to the markings that note the extra washers and longer bolts. all components MUST be reassembled in the same location for balance purposes.

2) Remove the PP from the FW. Note the clutch disc positioning! Input shaft hubs are riveted to the transmission side of the clutch discs. The clutch disc with the longest hub goes next to the PP, closest to the transmission.

3) Remove the 4 remaining socket head bolts from the FW and apply a drop of red loc-tite. Torque to 40 ft lbs.

4)install new pilot bearing in FW. Loctite blots and install FW to crankshaft. Torque to 100 ft lbs.

5) Now reassemble the clutch EXACTLY the same way you took it apart. Line up paint marks on the PP to the FW. The intermediate plate drive lugs are installed on the non-slotted cutouts.

6)Apply red Loctite to PP bolts and bolt PP to FW. Torque to 40 ft lbs

7)Adjust finger height AFTER installation. They need to be adjusted to 9/16" below the PP cover. Loosen 5/16" lock strap bolts and turn adjusters as required to achieve 9/16" height. retighten lock strap bolts to 20 ft lbs.

8)Following adjustment, both lock strap bolt heads and adjusters need to be ground down to approx. 1/8" thickness.

9) Remove clutch release lever pivot ball from bell housing. Discard washer and reinstall pivot ball. The "I" stamped into the release lever goes toward the pivot ball.

10) 5 speed (nv4500 only) Cut the 2 center ribs on the back of the release lever so that the lever contacts the bell housing at the point where the slave cylinder is installed.

Thank you Ramicator, your instructions will make installing this clutch a lot easier.

Back