dd/puller

frdslar

i have drag race my truck and now i'm thinkin of tryin out pulling.
this is the thing do you guys and gals think i could be competive with my truck with these mod in my sig i'm thinking i'm making about 475hp to the wheel maybe 500 just from my 13.3 1/4 mile time.
also i'm thinkin of addind a GT4088r turbo let me know what you think or what i should be starting with so i don't wreak my truck /get laughed at
Thanks alot:ft:

Get your hitch as high and as far forward as the rules allow, hang as much weight up front as u feel comfortable with. Get some good tires, traction bars, suspension stops, that'll keep ya midpack, depending how competitive it is there.

i was thinkin of going with firestone ats or muds
my question is would a 305 be better or would a 285 work better or should i try and shoe horn in some 315s

What type of dirt would you pull on most sand,clay,black dirt?

285 or the 305 would work with the close to 500 hp.

um i thinkin its gonna be mostly that
i think i will stick with 305 at probs.
Thanks

Look at some super swamper STS's in a 33x12.5 and get a tranny that will hold! Strap your frontend down b/c that IFS sucks, look into rear locker and possibly a front. Water/meth if they allow it and build stop blocks and a weight rack. Get an adjustible hitch...it's way more fun than goin down a 1/4 mile strip. Just make sure you don't run out of fuel!!

most people make them I believe they arent hard. I got all my heims and stuff from Northwest Off Road in Michigan. Then get the tube and fit it then weld it

I ran the 285 Firestones on my truck when I pulled it and think they did pretty good, great on the street too since its my daily driver.

I usually ran in the top 10 in my class with a similar truck to yours. EFI, Suncoast trans, hitch, braces, lowerd t-bars. Couldn't hang wait and never built traction bars but still had fun and was very competitive, the only downside is that its alot more fun then the 1/4 mile and now I'm working on another truck and spending more $$$$

Back