dead at 250k... ;)

cquestad

I guess that all she wrote...block coming out.

I wqas doing a freshen at 250k dues to exhaust leaks in the twins...and coolant getting into the cylinder ane I found valve to piston contact. Time to start over...build up coming!

I would suggest to freshen your grammar/spelling before your engine. LOL

Good luck.

I would suggest to freshen your grammar/spelling before your engine. LOL

Good luck.

Maybe I should have wiped the grease off my hands and used my computer instead of a phone...you tool.

;) I can't believe I got busted by a mod....reading my original post...I have to admit it was bad. Lol.

Last edited:
Post some pictures, they tell a thousand words and always have correct grammar!!!!!

Opinions on running a piston with a small smile mark from a valve?

I am doing and oil analysis soon and having the head checked today to figure out whether its a spring, seat, or bearing issue.

Make sure the mark is the same radius as the valve. If it's a little bigger, it's probably the valve relief in the head meaning the whole piston is hitting the head and the valve pocket is the only place not making contact.

That's what happened on an 08' 6.7 I worked on a while back. It lost the big-end of a rod bearing at 109K miles. Piston was flying up and hitting the head when it was taking up the slack in the loose bearing.

Will do...I will have that valve in hand soon anyways...heads getting decked...orings cut again...new springs, valves, keepers....etc.

Just dropped it off at Northwest Motor and Machine in Caldwell, ID. Don is getting me some new springs...and I am going to tap and plug all freeze plugs in the head as well.

she had a helluva run, with all that dam powah, amazing actually.

Ok...decked head, plugged and tapped all water ports, 2 valves, cut valves and seats, bored and blended the bowls, new orings, new sportsman springs....head should be better than before.

I feel kinda bad man!
I sell ya a part off the Interceptor and then your motor takes a dump!

LOL

Maybe I've passed the torch.. lol

That's very funny....BUT thet were not installed. I am still in the lengthy process of their exorcism to remove all of your bad mojo.

I just plum wore it out....I mean come one...250k at that hp level? Made me proud.

That's very funny....BUT thet were not installed. I am still in the lengthy process of their exorcism to remove all of your bad mojo.

I just plum wore it out....I mean come one...250k at that hp level? Made me proud.

:hehe:

Yeah, I was hoping this was prior to instal of my parts...lol

Yeah 250K at that HP level is very impressive....I'll settle for a 1/4 of that on this 07 at less hp...lol

You doing anything custom / cool to the motor this time?? Billet rods, monothems, etc??

Still debating whether the block is coming out...if not...then no. Why fix what is not broke? Now...that's a super cool custom idea!

Wait...or is it don't break what you can't fix? Lol

I guess that all she wrote...block coming out.

I wqas doing a freshen at 250k dues to exhaust leaks in the twins...and coolant getting into the cylinder ane I found valve to piston contact. Time to start over...build up coming!

Just don't build them like they used to. Old 12 valve and vp trucks would run 250k more with all that going on lol

Um...no.

Show me a 12 valve that has been daily driven, towed heavy, and raced at 900 plus hp for 250k...

Pistons, rotating gear, and block never touched and all fine.

There was a mythical ford with a 12 in it that did 1200 and was driven cross country to several events years ago ;)

Parking lot injector changes ring any bells?

I am not knocking...its just way easier to abuse the electronic ones.

Parking lot injector changes ring any bells?

I am not knocking...its just way easier to abuse the electronic ones.

Heck yah it does. I changed my injectors in between qualifying passes at desert diesel nationals. Not a big deal :)

Back