Decent Wiper Blades.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
I have tried several diffrent kinds, and can only get about 6 months out of a set. Has anyone found a wiper that lasts?

If you do, let me know as well. I think they had to pull some compound out for the pantywaists that makes them much more UV vulnerable.

One thing you can do to help, put you about a capful of dish detergent in your washer fluid, this will clean the oil off the blade and windshield and make a big difference. Do that or go by wally world and get a big thing of the cheapest glass cleaner you can find, pour about half into your washer fluid tank then fill with water, much more effective then the fluid you can buy.

I've had a set of Innovisions on my truck for over a year now, Tim.They seem to be okay....
The manufacturers will tell you to replace them every 6 months anyway though....;)

define what you mean by get only 6 months out of em?
When you wash and wax your truck do you wax your windshield?

I take mine to the quarter car wash and always spray wax on the windshield. helps it bead up making it easier for the wipers to keep the water off.

I get 4 ot 5 months out of a set, period. Lots of sun and hot temps here in Texas. I usually use the nicest Bosch wipers because they seem to work the best, but no matter what I use, I can't make them last longer than 5 months. I imagine if it was kept in a garage, they'd last twice as long.

You can wipe the rubber part with alcohol about once or twice a month too...it softens up the rubber and cleans the blade real well....it'll really help em last.
My truck is over 2 years old...and I'm just now on my 2nd set of blades.

the PIAA wiper blades are the best out there, iv'e sold about 100 pair in my store. just awsome. have to treat the glass on install, but other than that it's easy. they also have a blade with a wind deflector built into it, really helps keep the blade on the windshield at hwy speeds

scot

Hmm... I've been running the factory originals since March of 04. Works like the day I bought the truck...no issues at all. I do want to get some 24" blades though just for more surface contact.

Tim, how old is your glass? Do you have any treatment on it, Rain-X or Aquapel? Do ya clean the blades once a month?

Funny thing here........ I swapped trucks and kept my blades. LOL I do like the Bosch blades. I run the Aerotwin ( Bosch Wiper Blades, Aerotwin ) one piece blades.

Last edited:
A couple days after my posting, the rubber on the tip of my blade started to come apart. Not bad for 2.5 years though. Broke down and bought some 24" Bosch Icons. They seem to be a good quality blade. If I had to do it over I would get 24" for the drivers side and 22" for the passenger due to the fact that when in the stowed position there is about .75" at the tip that barely makes contact on the edge of the glass.

Back