Devil's own water/meth

12vf250

I wear my bill curved
Has anyone else ever used their stuff? What are your thoughts and opinions? Specifically, I am looking for opinions on their progressive controllers. I have my own opinions already, Im just curious if there is anyone else that may agree with me.

What are looking at progressing?

Which controller specifically?

I have not seen there electronics but I have some some of the kits. I didnt think it was too bad, but personally I think most of the water/meth systems on the market are junk.

I would custom build my own and customers when we run them.

No trying to be too negative or anything, but I am just not a fan of most of the systems.

What is your opinion/experience with the controllers. I know that several people have had problems with them in the last few years. I was one of them, so I rewired it in my favor, and then had no problems with it until I upgraded to a CMGS with flow sensor. Will probably be Aquamist HFS-4 on my next car.

Ok, heres the deal. I originally bought a DVC100 controller from them, and it went haywire. They didnt have any at that time, so we decided that a DVC50 would work. Long story short, Im on my fifth controller, and havent used but maybe a half gallon of water.:nail: I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if other guys have had issues as well. Sounds like Im not alone.

How are you wiring it? It seems that most of the issues are wiring related. Give the controller clean power, and and it's own ground. Put a switch somewhere in the mix that will turn everything off. I took power from the dash fuse block, and then connected a switch. From the switch was a Y. One went to the pump, one to the controller. It's a Ver. 2A controller, so it doesn't take battery +. Gave the controller it's own ground. No problems after that. I had an issue with my remote start starting the controller, and somehow the controller was feeding back to the MAP sensor. Throttle wouldn't do anything, and even unplugging most of the wires didn't help.

I have been wiring them just as the instructions show. The contoller gets batt +, a keyed ignition power, and its own ground. The first couple controllers controlled the ground side of the pump, but the ones Im getting now control the power side of the pump. Im thinking that this is too much load for the controller, but thats how they say to do it, so I dont know?

Most kits pulse the positive. I think only AEM does it otherwise. Does the controller get hot? How are you sending the controller boost signal?

This last controller got really hot. The magic smoke came out of it, and apparently melted the boost sensor inside it, because the hose fell off it, and the back of the case is melted. The boost signal hose is plumbed to one of the empty ports on the intake manifold portion of the head.

Only heard of that happening with a Snow Performance MPG MAX controller. Was your turn on point set really low? Are the fuses put where they tell you to? I knew they were having issues, but never heard of one smoking.

I had my turn on point set at ~20psi. I havent been able to use this system long enough to get it dialed in. All the fuses are where they are supposed to be. And oh ya, I wired a kill switch into the pump feed circuit, because one of the controllers failed at 100% duty cycle. Damn near hydolocked my engine before I could get pulled over and pull the fuse.

If you can't get it to work the "right way", try to wire it like I suggested. Have you thought about wiring it with a hobbs switch until you get the controller sorted? I wired mine with a switch, to make sure that things were working, then put in a 6-20 psi hobbs, then switched over to the CMGS after I got things set the way I wanted them. The DO controller I had was working fine, just wanted the flow sensor.

Did you get it worked out?

Sorry I havent posted on this in a while. No, I havent got anything figured out yet. Winter has a good grip on me and my truck, so I dont need it working right now. I'll let you know when/if I get it working again.

Back