DFW Truck Shootout in Ennis

Does look somewhat ghetto. If the gasser street truck scene up there is anything like Houston's, it's prob not too family friendly.
Would be fun to watch a diesel put a whipping on some of those truck though.

Some fast trucks for sure, but it is a diffrent than the get togathers we are use to. I was gonna go but truck won't be ready.

The wife and kids won't be going, but I need to find somebody to go with me. I'm wanting to run a few passes on street tires just to see what it'll run, then swap to slicks.

I wonder if they would let me run the van. I'm not sure what they're calling a truck. I've been wanting to do some testing before the finals, and they have a 12 second index class with a pro tree.

I asked in a comment they made about it being this Saturday, but they haven't responded yet. I just messaged them. Maybe they'll see that and get back to me quicker.

They said I can race. I think I'm going to try to make it out there. Should be a good test and tune for the finals. You think you'll be there?

Yes, planning on it. I've been thinking the same thing. Good test n tune, beat up some gassers, and may even win something if we're lucky.

Well, I'm all loaded up and ready to go, so unless it's raining when I get up to leave, I'll be heading to Ennis in the morning.

I just checked the weather. I'm seeing a 0% chance of rain until noon, 10% from 1 to 7, and 20% after 7, but you know how things can change. Fingers crossed it stays clear.

Last edited:
Well I didn't make it out but I got snap chats all day of a beat up van and purple cummins.

Lol how did it turn out?

Let's see..... Maybe 20 trucks running total. Me and josh raced each other most of the day. Finally got 5 trucks for 12.0 class. I lost to a LS truck by .04, josh lost to same truck in the finals. He used nitrous that run and ended up letting out too much.

There were a couple 11 sec trucks and couple 10 sec trucks. AND about 2-300 Latinos partying in the pits with low riders. Haha
It was too hot to race really. I ran a 12.03 first pass with a really early OD shift that bogged down. Never ran that fast again all day. MPH dropped every pass after that.

Seen a few videos of your truck on Instagram and a few of the van, y'all have any other videos?

There aren't any vids or pics of my truck anywhere on there. There's one of Josh's van burning out, but none racing.

Back