DHRA Nationals - What did you run?

I couldnt resist that pic

Outlaw. Bigr is definatley up to the task of trash talking. lol

Lets see...The wife ran a 15.1 with a 2.20 60ft not sure on the trap. She was having fun. I never got to drive.:rules:

The only thing Garret ran was out of beer!:doh:

yep- i saw him drinking bud light. ouch he reminds me of nick lachey. homo.

7.3 & 4 stages of NOS.The lady in the booth on the return road made me pull over & sent me back to tech cause I only had a helmet!:rockwoot:
If it runs that ever no matter what motor I will rent the track just to have all you nuts back!!!:kick:
We went to eat & after drinking my bed was calling me.:doh:
Man I should have gone back!:bang
That was the last pass before putting the Cummins in it.
That motor is going in the X & with the times you guys are running guess I need to start looking for a Cummins for it also so I can afford to go fast.
Elmo has my # he should have called me to tell me of the fun that was happening.Did'nt stick around for the cow patty music!LOL
ROCK all the way!:bow:

BIGRPOWR said:
mini-me's , ball bearing, no fuel system= 13.4 with a 50 jet on 37's.

i guess my trap speed of 100.71 last weekend doesn't count since i smoked the lights. that was #2 only and i have a feeling that was probaly faster than you. i can take ribbin no doubt. you'll have a new # to shooot for very soon. something's very wrong cuz ur #'s don't nearly add up . 440 and a 13.3 don't make sense. i'm glad ur so proud of your wrenching skills! lol

oh yeah, my worn out longlblock only has studs so it ain't built. but my other motor is.

Oh, 13.40's WITH spray? :woohoo:

100.71 on 37's with Mini-Me's and a GTP38R is not too bad. Until you get that new number you can just shoot for mine. :poke:

440 and 13.30's add up good enough for me for the money I've spent...and I don't have sponsors. Installing turbo and injectors is no big deal. Now how many people have built their own 4R100...? I guess you could always just take the easy way out and dump $4,000 on one, but considering I bought all my other parts used for less than half the original price it would be a shame to start blowing money paying retail now.

Your truck has a stock longblock and it still got trailered? ? ? Hell, I could have saved you some money and trailered your 13.40 truck with my 13.30 truck since it's headed West right now!

Yeah, I have another engine waiting to go in my truck too, but it has 24 valves and an inline pump.

:shake:

PTSUPERD said:
Yup they worked in Darin's truck too! He spoke highly of you. He said you knew your stuff....

Darin is a really great guy. I felt bad he was getting rid of all his stuff, but I'm glad it can go to good use. Hopefully sometime soon he'll get back into diesels.

Dalpilot said:
Yeah, that was the longest 1/4 mile of my life, but perhaps the funnest.:ylsuper:

By the way, did ya'll know that Bunting got :eek:wned: on that run!

Why the hate?

If it wasn't for Rich cheating, and me having to carry Nate (350 easy) WITH Daisy, it would have been game over. I think at the 1/8th I had to let off and wait for them DI slow pokes to make things interesting. At least our cart had the good looks! :rockwoot:

bbunting said:
Why the hate?

If it wasn't for Rich cheating, and me having to carry Nate (350 easy) WITH Daisy, it would have been game over. I think at the 1/8th I had to let off and wait for them DI slow pokes to make things interesting. At least our cart had the good looks! :rockwoot:

LoL! That's going to leave a mark.

good thing i didn't drop 4g's on a tranny. and good thing it got trailered cuz losing a t/c 1600 miles away would've made it tough to get home for work w/o it. you have fun taking the easy way out with the inline 6. you just stay all pumped on yourself and enjoy. wow, you drove 200 miles on the interstate, you're the man. sorry i get love on parts too, i guess that's a bad thing. not. nice avatar by the way. the 100.7 was on fuel with big injs and big turbo. 13.4 was with a setuplike yours minus fuel system w/ a small jet.also i blew an inj cup on that run. good luck to you with the cummins. you'll see soon enough that it's about combo's and working out problems. i've already been in your shoes and i'm going a different way. i've had an experimental turbo and inj's in for a total of 2 weeks. i'll just keep trying.

p.s. you built your own tranny? how'd that go?

Last edited:
Cheat ? Me ?
I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't actually shove Brent outta the cart...I just tried.....real hard. LOL

I never crossed the line either...got close....didn't cross it though. LOL

The pics we have of you all tucked down outta the wind...man..that's some funny stuff.
Rematch next year ?

bbunting said:
Why the hate?

Cheating, Some call that good driving.:kick: We definetly had the weight advantage, Daisy has to weigh about 85 pounds, without the 20 pound flotation devices.:thankyou2: :bow:

BIGRPOWR said:
good thing i didn't drop 4g's on a tranny. and good thing it got trailered cuz losing a t/c 1600 miles away would've made it tough to get home for work w/o it. you have fun taking the easy way out with the inline 6. you just stay all pumped on yourself and enjoy. wow, you drove 200 miles on the interstate, you're the man. sorry i get love on parts too, i guess that's a bad thing. not. nice avatar by the way. the 100.7 was on fuel with big injs and big turbo. 13.4 was with a setuplike yours minus fuel system w/ a small jet.also i blew an inj cup on that run. good luck to you with the cummins. you'll see soon enough that it's about combo's and working out problems. i've already been in your shoes and i'm going a different way. i've had an experimental turbo and inj's in for a total of 2 weeks. i'll just keep trying.

p.s. you built your own tranny? how'd that go?

Well I wouldn't say the Cummins is the easy way out, it's just much cheaper. You can build a whole Cummins for half of what it cost to build a set of Powerstroke injectors and the Cummins will reliably handle 600+RWHP. The nail in the coffin is the fuel mileage. My old Cummins regularly got 23-25mpg on the interstate. My Powerstroke is lucky to get 14mph. The Powerstroke stuff is cool, it's just entirely too expensive for me. People are still trying to figure these things out. I'm too poor to be doing a vendors experimenting for them when the Cummins has proven, cheap combinations.

Powerstroke
Injectors - $3,000
Dual HPOP - $2,000
Rods - $ 3,000
Turbo - $2,000

That's $10k for four parts. I bet some people have $15-20k into their Powerstrokes. There's nothing wrong with that, I just can't afford to drop that kinda coin on a beater that just drags trailers around. This is a $13,000 truck. Hell, I wasn't too happy when I dumped $3,600 for GTP38R turbo, Mini-Me injectors, AFE Stage II, complete SX fuel system, 6-position, Racor CCV, full guages with pod and all the little things inbetween. People spend $7-8,000 on that stuff!

Yeah, it drove 200 miles to the track, then turned around pulling a trailer and headed West. Right now it's somewhere in New Mexico taking the scenic route to Salt Lake City. To me, that's what a Super Duty was built to do. BTW, if anyone sees a very plain looking Bright Amber Metallic F350 pulling a trailer and doing burnouts please call me. LOL

The tranny building kinda sucked. I hadn't built an automatic transmission in ~5 years and it took longer than I wanted to get things sorted out because I couldn't really find much information on how to build it up. People are tight lipped about these things! I had to go into the transmission three times before I figured it out. I was trying to cheap out with a $300 rebuild, but the third time I just gave up and bought all the right parts to get my stacks the way I wanted them in the first place. Once I actually found the parts they turned out to be much cheaper than I originally thought they were. Now I have additional clutches and Kolene steels in Forward, Direct, Intermediate and Overdrive, Borg Warner 45 element sprag, dual load center support, Transgo Tugger parts, Sonnax line pressure modulator valve, 5R110 shaft, etc.. My transmission already had the 5 clutch direct drum (now it has 8!), good sun shell, 6-pinion gears, etc. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and I'm even happier with the money I saved!

that's pretty awesome that you did your tranny yourself. hopefully it holds up. i thought the 600 hp cummins was reliable until i've seen a few of my friends lose cylinders and have to swap motors. their all expensive one way or the other. good luck to you. but i'll have your 13.35 soon .remember i'm doing this with a lift on 37's at 7600+. lol

bbunting said:
Why the hate?

I will have to give you the credit in the looks Dept....I dont think Brent would have looked near as good in a mini skirt....:umno:

Back