Dialing in wastegates/dyno tune

mike diesel

I am building a new set of compounds utilizing my current s475/87/1.0 in the valley with a gt5541r 106mm as the primary. I want this setup to be dialed in as perfect as I can get it. It will have 2 gates. 1 to gate around the s475 and 1 to gate around the gt55.

I didn't have much luck dialing in the gate on my current setup so I just pulled the gate out all together. Not sure if the gate was too big or what.

I want the new setup done right. The gt55 will have the 1.0ar turbine housing.

Mainly I am trying to figure out how hard the gt55 can safely be driven. Right now I see 43psi out of my 98mm borg with zero issues other than with no gates I can hit 1800 degrees down the 1/4 mile trapping 133mph.

Im new to ball bearing chargers and there is a tick in the back of my head that has me scared for fear of over speeding them.

What are the do's/don'ts in/outs for setting up compound turbo gates?

I don't know, but I would like to see the responses you get.

At one point I was running around 45 psi out of my GTX55 and just under 70 total. That was with a GT4094 secondary gated to start opening at around 10psi. 1.0 housing on the GT55. I was seeing just over 1300 at the end of the track at 129.

At one point I was running around 45 psi out of my GTX55 and just under 70 total. That was with a GT4094 secondary gated to start opening at around 10psi. 1.0 housing on the GT55. I was seeing just over 1300 at the end of the track at 129.

Did pushing your secondary harder help in the power department or was it better to open the gate early like you did in the above example?

Back