Diamond In The Rough.

Bone stock 99

I got this cool project in mind but im not sure when i'll get started on it as I have more than one project at the moment. I was just curious to know whether it would be cooler to put a 4bt in this 53 power wagon or if I should just rebuild the 230 flathead. Whats your take?

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Look over the top of the windshield and u can see army red crosses. My dad got it in Arizona a long time ago. He believes it was in service in Korea and was one of the few that made it back. I got another pic of the logo on the door, apparently it got put to work for an electric company when it made it back to the states. I can't wait to get this piece of history shined up and restored but it's gonna take time and $.

If they're arn't many left I would keep the flathead. You can always do the 4bt later if you'd like.Cool piece of history!

4wd? That thing is cool! Can't fit a 6bt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 12v that I pulled out of my old 97 huntin wagon but I kinda had my heart set on a half ton short bed for it. That's a stellar old power wagon khaoskustoms. I live in Meeker Colorado and theres one of those at the tire shop in town and its sick but I haven't seen it move. It has a diesel sticker on the fuel filler cap which leads me to believe its a cummins swap. Im also working on a Mercedes OM617 jeep cj-7. Im slow as H-E-double hockey sticks on my projects so the power wagon is on the back burner but its also my fave.

Attachments

• DSCN0017.jpg
    DSCN0017.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That M37 is stellar! I love the old iron, it's bulletproof and made to work. My brother and I put plugs, wires and jump started this beast after it sat for over 20 years and it didn't miss a beat. Soon I'm gonna dig it out of its resting place here in Colorado and take it down to my garage in New Mexico so I can start breathing life back into this icon. I know power wagons are rare but this thing is almost unheard of. A guy I know had a 60's model ambulance but idk whatever came of it.

Back