Did 5 speed swap and now no 4 low

c_houchins8_182

Hey guys. Just finished my 5 speed swap Tuesday and loaded the truck on the trailer for Beans and got down here and was doing some fiddling around today and realized I don't have 4 low. I turned the knob and it will go into 4hi but when I go to 4low the light just blinks. Help me out here guys I drove 8 hours to get here and don't want to have to pull in 4hi

You have to make it think its in neutral.. I don't know which wire is your neutral safety switch.

If all else fails remove the shift motor and switch it with a pliers or adjustable wrench. It's the same as a manual shift case but with a motor over the seletor shaft to turn it.

mine is the same way. put the truck in nuetral for awhile and it will eventually switch. sometimes you have to wiggle the shifter in nuetral for it to go.

Coasting in neutral on a flat surface while turning the front wheels left-right-left should take any torque bias out that tire size difference can create. An electric shift case will not shift out of 4wd mode with a torque bias and sometimes it will not change range. Pulling trucks really need manual shift cases for this reason.

my 06 truck with electric shift, you have to have the clutch pedel pressed all the way down, to have it shift to 4lo. till i disabled to clutch interlock switch

Thanks for the help guys, pulled good and was happy except for taking the UDC out to road test and having the front end start helping from a blown belt in my tire:nail: Ended up taking the motor off and swapping it manually but still haven't figured out how exactly to get it in yet.

Same thing ive gotta do. Mine isnt hooked up either. Kinda sucks but since mine stays in 4lo year round its alittle easier for me

Back