did i blow the gaskets?

solow1k

Well when pulling, especially on an incline or going past the posted speed limit the truck runs great. The weird thing is when i slow down in town or something like that the temp gauge starts to rise, i pull over and its all the way OUT of water. This has happened 4 times so far and i just keep filling it with water. The truck also fills a little sluggish getting up to speed and seems like its using more fuel

I'd throw a bet at something in the EGR system is hosed up. Loss of fluid could be the cooler being cracked, and it's eating it. Ever do any oil analysis?

So if its EGR how do i figure that out? What do i order to replace it? Links and contact info please.

So if its EGR how do i figure that out? What do i order to replace it? Links and contact info please.

what year is the truck, whats the mileage, if its the EGR cooler, you have to take the top half of the Motor apart, with the turbo, and the intake, its a pain in the A$$, take it to the dealer let then do it, it will take them less time and cost you less Money in the long run. just My .02 cents on that one. I wouldnt think that you haven't blown the Head Gaskets, I had the same issue with Mine, fixed it and then went 20,000 miles more and then it was the end of the 6.0, time for the cummin's good luck with it. SickFord

Back