Died...And started?

DirtyBlonde

The Pink & Black Attack
Yo, got my headlight installed.

Now onto oddity #762 for this truck:
Re-installed my Smarty to a 7 last night after having it out for about two weeks. Started the truck up this morning, let 'im warm up, headed down the driveway, stopped on a slope and suddenly it got quiet.

Like "Hey, either I've become gasser trash without knowing it, or my truck just died" quiet. It was option 2.

Motor stopped running. So, I turned the key off, turned it back on and it fired right up. No problems. Ran like a champ.

Did it again when I went to lunch. Started right up again. No coughs/sputters when it dies, no weird idles, no excessive cranking to re-start.

Great fuel pressure, no codes, shiny paint after a good waxing yesterday.

What the heck?

You waxed it yesterday....go drive it through a big muddy puddle and it will just fine...

This VP's never given me any trouble.

New as of 18 months ago, had about 3 weeks 12 months ago when it got limped along with a completely crapped out lift pump, but's always been strong.

LOL Must be a bad headlamp.

When you say no codes. Thats plugging in or just flash codes?
Could be EPS. They can die with zero codes. ? .

Last edited:
Pluggin' in.

It just boggles my mind that it dies with no warning (I mean really, it's quite sweet of it to wait until I'm at a stop), and restarts like nothing ever happened.

Ya know what, I think I'm gonna go try a hammer.

interesting--wish I had a direct answer--put the smarty back to stock and see if it continues--if it doesn't send the smarty into Bob to have it diagnosed---if it does then we need more beer to diagnose.......chris

mine did that once after I updated my smarty to the new "speed limiter" program (which didn't make any material difference BTW). It wouldn't accept throttle and would die. I set it back to stock and reloaded the software and it hasn't done it since.

csutton7 said:
interesting--wish I had a direct answer--put the smarty back to stock and see if it continues--if it doesn't send the smarty into Bob to have it diagnosed---if it does then we need more beer to diagnose.......chris

Dear Soot'n,

Please contact me at your earliest convenience. This will require beer.

lol

Seems to have stopped. Beats me. Stand by for the next weird thang tomorrow.

Maybe your truck had a blonde moment...

My truck and I have both had those before. :hehe:

Back