Diesel Confab

Grey Wolf

First Gen'er
Hey guys and gals save these dates if you can and show off your conversion with others that have the same interests!

2996419210080251109S600x600Q851.jpg
[/IMG]

Ken,
Nice Find. I wish I could make that one.
I might have my conversion completed by then.

How's the arm doing?

Ken,

Too bad we don't have any conversion shows out in CA huh?

-Tom

Hey Tom, believe or not the Diesel Confab originated out here in the seventies by a friend of mine, Tony Capanna. He used to hold them at his shop (Hot Rod City) in Torrance. Then he retired and moved up to Nipomo, CA and had a small shop up there to tinker around with.
A fellow enthusiast (H.C. "Tony" Martin) came out from Virginia and took the concept back with him. I attended one in 1980 on one of my cross country trips! There definitely is some good stuff back there, your Ford would be well recepted back there!

Here's some pictures taken in 2010 at the Ohio event so you can at least get an idea of who and what shows up!

Webshots Rides offers thousands of the best car wallpapers.

One other thing, I try to attend the ATHS shows when they come to CA. The National event goes all over the country and I was able to make the one in Pleasanton, CA in 2010. I saw some nice conversions there too not to mention all the like new Semi's! Check this site maybe you would like to attend an event for one of the CA chapters?

American Truck Historical Society

Ken,
Nice Find. I wish I could make that one.
I might have my conversion completed by then.

How's the arm doing?

Hey Steve I hope you can make that one too. If you do be sure to take Lot's of pictures for us that can't make it!

The shoulder is doing way better, thanks for asking. I still have some arthritis in there but that's something they can't take out completely so I'll just have to live with it. Like I keep saying gettin' old ain't for sissies:hehe:

Back