diesel fuel quality?

newsmoke

So I'm always hand checking my fuel mileage and recently came up with some interesting results

I just finished a road trip from Rochester NY to Plymouth NH with all weather conditions being similar. 60 degrees and overcast/rain for both directions with little to no wind.

From NY to NH I averaged 16.7mpg at 75mph average on NY fuel

From NH to NY I averaged 19.25mpg at 75mph average on NH fuel.

Has anyone else noticed their mileage varying this much? Did I just find junk fuel in NY or maybe higher sulfur or something in NH? My truck has no tuning with intake, exhaust, and AD165. Just curious on your ideas

I notice differences between different brands. I normally fill up at a BP near me because of convenience. Average about 320 miles before the low fuel light comes on. If I take the time and go out of the way to the local Wilco/Hess I can get 360 before the low fuel light.

Sent from my XT1080

I sware sometimes I fill my truck up and feel like it gained 100hp. Then sometimes I fill it up and it feels like a pig.

So I guess this is fairly common then. I went approximately 100 miles further on the fuel I bought in New Hampshire. The kicker is that I bought the NY fuel at a truck stop, I figured I would be buying better fuel there

So I'm always hand checking my fuel mileage and recently came up with some interesting results

I just finished a road trip from Rochester NY to Plymouth NH with all weather conditions being similar. 60 degrees and overcast/rain for both directions with little to no wind.

From NY to NH I averaged 16.7mpg at 75mph average on NY fuel

From NH to NY I averaged 19.25mpg at 75mph average on NH fuel.

Has anyone else noticed their mileage varying this much? Did I just find junk fuel in NY or maybe higher sulfur or something in NH? My truck has no tuning with intake, exhaust, and AD165. Just curious on your ideas

Where are you getting your fuel from, Mine comes from BJ s in Webster.
On trip to VA, I got 24.3 mpg. cruse on 65, 2wd.

Just checked,

The NH fuel was citgo.

I bought the NY fuel at the 490 truck stop, I'm unsure who they buy fuel from at the moment

When I fuel in Nevada I always get better fuel mileage than our California fuel and it cost less!

I just went to the Wilco/Hess again and on the pump it said fuel is 5-20% bio. So at least for me I get much better mileage running bio blend.

Sent from my XT1080

Back