Diesel Power Challenge Myth Busters

#18 looks like a stock truck, so I'm gonna go ahead and call bs on the 1200hp capable. Needs more body mods.

Thats an old pic, and I wouldnt doubt it can put that down all said and done. Him and Will have been building it, there is a build thread on here called project leftovers Frankenstein.

Thats an old pic, and I wouldnt doubt it can put that down all said and done. Him and Will have been building it, there is a build thread on here called project leftovers Frankenstein.

I think he was using this new thing called sarcasm. Similar to what I'm doing here haha.

I kinda figured but wasnt sure if he was or not, couldnt tell. So in case he was being serious, just thought I would let him know.

For the record mine can start right now :hehe:. I think driving in the mountains is going to humble some of those mileage claims... And Horsepower numbers. I've been 10.1 @ 141mph at the track they run at so I know I should at least do decent in that. The DA was 9040ft last time I ran there too LOL It was on cheater slicks though. We'll see how street tires hook. My season starts in Bakersfield March 20th. The same setup I'll be running for Superstreet is what I'll be using in DPC if I make it in.

good luck buddy, i'll be voting for you .

I hope Derek can keep an engine together! No more 12mm studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, #10 has been in the 10s, and made 4 figure power at ATS, and he's from CO.

I know I've pulled against him a few times. I come over there to get some test hooks. I believe we've traded some wins. He beat me by 1-2ft at the Polk County fair a couple years ago. I like pulling over there. No limits, run what ya brung and hope it's enough. :) Although I'm always sporting a 2.6 charger.

Takedown now who is telling tall tales here are the results from polk county 2013 and Dallas running a 2.5 charger.

8000 Diesel Modified 1st place Dallas Zimker 331.8
8000 Diesel Modified 2nd place Jeff Mifke 325.11
8000 Diesel Modified 3rd place Mark Steinmetz 324.3
8000 Diesel Modified 4th place Eric Pfeifer 310.8

We are building Ryan Ackers engine, and he is buying a triple setup we had on another truck. Should make some serious power, and from the sounds of things hes got everything to support it. One thing that is respectable about him and most of the other competitors is, despite getting a pretty good deal from us on the engine build and what not he doesnt have any big named sponsors. He called the other day just elated that Fass was giving him a smoking deal on his new lift pumps.

Hope he gets voted in..hes a good guy.

That was the "On The Mountain" correction factor

I did some tuning on the old truck up there and then put it on the rollers at Relentless a couple weeks later (No correction factor) and Chris and I were surprised the difference was roughly 20hp or less peak.

That was the "On The Mountain" correction factor

No idea what it was set to for his pull, but the roll the dice not this year but last , it was at 24-27%. That's ridiculous! But if you're talking numbers only for DPC, you'd think you'd be talking about non-corrected since that's where it's at.

I am quite confident in the Schirado, Fox and Acker entries! This year should be awesome if the right trucks get voted in!

I did some tuning on the old truck up there and then put it on the rollers at Relentless a couple weeks later (No correction factor) and Chris and I were surprised the difference was roughly 20hp or less peak.

Are you saying both numbers were uncorrected, or the mountain was corrected vs uncorrected at Relentless?

Mountain was corrected Relentless was not and we were about 25* warmer and at near sea level here.

Back