Diesel transmission shop in Kansas City

mstxj12

I was wondering if anyone from the Missouri or Kansas area had any recommendations on diesel mechanics/transmission shops in the area, my 1996 12 valve needs some work. Preferably in the KC area but if its somewhat close I'll take it as well.

Thanks in advance!

If your willing to travel a little, Gilmore Diesel Performance in Kingdom City, MO does great work. He built our 2.6 pulling truck auto that lasted two years. The next owner fried it pulling in 4 hi. 573-220-0153

If the price is right and it gets my truck running right I'm willing to travel. I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, I have decent amount of experience with different trans shops... there is a guy in Joplin I hear is making good transmission... and I had a few different places in Springfield build mine with no good outcomes... and my trans in my 98 is currently effed as well, I'm tired of putting money into that trans... I can say from hard hard lessons learned... spend the extra money the first time!

Sent from phone

Unfortunately, I have decent amount of experience with different trans shops... there is a guy in Joplin I hear is making good transmission... and I had a few different places in Springfield build mine with no good outcomes... and my trans in my 98 is currently effed as well, I'm tired of putting money into that trans... I can say from hard hard lessons learned... spend the extra money the first time!

Sent from phone

Gwoody I believe is the guy in Joplin that is doing the transmissions with good results.

I'll be making a few phone calls in the next couple of days hopefully and see what I can come up with for building my trans. I was sent to a guy locally that my buddy had some good experience with but I still want to call around and get some more input before I go through with spending a decent chunk of change on this. Thanks again for all the recommendations guys! I can already tell I am going to like this forum, responses have been great the first day that I started posting.

I'll be making a few phone calls in the next couple of days hopefully and see what I can come up with for building my trans. I was sent to a guy locally that my buddy had some good experience with but I still want to call around and get some more input before I go through with spending a decent chunk of change on this. Thanks again for all the recommendations guys! I can already tell I am going to like this forum, responses have been great the first day that I started posting.

You spent some time reading before posting?

You're smart, I like you.

Back