Division 5 Season Begins-------

We had our Official NHRDA Div. 5 Video Team (Jimbo LOL) on the roof of the tower, filming all the runs.

Are we sure he was just shooting the runs, and not the hot mama's walkin' around? How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer:

Are we sure he was just shooting the runs, and not the hot mama's walkin' around? How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer:
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: The look on that waiters face was priceless after he ran through the list of beers and Jimbo flatly told him : " So you don't have any beer?" :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: The boy likes his Guiness......

How much footage of the snack stand did he get? LOL :hehe: just kiddin' Jim is a good guy! But has picky taste in beer....LOL:Cheer:
Hehehehe I showed him your post.....:eek:wned::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Even lil Weedwacker was crackin on Jimbo at the event, when the announcer talked about the Angus Beef Burger being sold at the concessions stand.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Hehehehe I showed him your post.....:eek:wned::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Even lil Weedwacker was crackin on Jimbo at the event, when the announcer talked about the Angus Beef Burger being sold at the concessions stand.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

:hehe: Nice....I hope he know's I was only jokin' with him....I mean he was giving me a hard time about driving a Ford...:shake: so a little pay back is due...LOL lil' Weedwacker...you guys like that name don't ya. The way he was talkin' to Mike about getting that jr. Dragster...LOL it was fitting.... Wonder if you guys could build him a jr. RatRod....LOL :evil now THAT would be sweet....

Don't get me started on Weedwacker. He has always been around us working in the shop...... He is a good helper.

Weedwacker seems like a good kid...except for the lil' mis-hap at the reasturant, but a good kid. I see you and your bro are teaching him the ways of the wrench...:hehe: good deal! :rockwoot:

Weedwacker seems like a good kid...except for the lil' mis-hap at the reasturant, but a good kid. I see you and your bro are teaching him the ways of the wrench...:hehe: good deal! :rockwoot:

i also got some good shots of weedwacker behind the wheel of doug's '34 truck so randy needs to hurry up and get those pictures and videos posted!

It was nice meeting everyone there at MIR. I'm glad I was talked into running instead of dyno'ing. I had more fun that way. First time out and I come away with a win....might have been the only one in the bracket but a win is a win :rockwoot:

And I don't care what ya'll say about Jimbo, anyone that likes Guiness is OK with me. :Cheer:

It was nice meeting everyone there at MIR. I'm glad I was talked into running instead of dyno'ing. I had more fun that way. First time out and I come away with a win....might have been the only one in the bracket but a win is a win :rockwoot:

And I don't care what ya'll say about Jimbo, anyone that likes Guiness is OK with me. :Cheer:

LOL it was nice to meet you too! Like you said a win is a win.

Congrats on your win :rockwoot:

What bracket were you in?

Highest # put down ???? It was a pretty poor turn - out. The TnT guys dynoed -------- ONE -------- CAR !!!! The DRAG RACE end was almost as BAD. I seen more DIESEL TRUCKS at a fuel stop along the way. It may have been fun but when you drive unteen miles if an event with no turn out it kinda SUCKS. Just my $.02. Steve B.

well it was memorial day weekend so alot of people had plans and parties
already.

This is true. I think we all would've liked to seen more trucks, but giving the weekend it was, the first time the NHRDA was there, it doesn't surprise me the turn out we had. Especially since there is a big rig diesel race this coming weekend there. Each event will get better, an I'm sure the final event which is a national event, with double points awarded, will be a better turn out!

Highest # put down ???? It was a pretty poor turn - out. The TnT guys dynoed -------- ONE -------- CAR !!!! The DRAG RACE end was almost as BAD. I seen more DIESEL TRUCKS at a fuel stop along the way. It may have been fun but when you drive unteen miles if an event with no turn out it kinda SUCKS. Just my $.02. Steve B.
Steve, I along with the other NHRDA volunteers drove down from Jersey sat in that danged holiday traffic and helped put on the event, on our own dime mind you, no matter how many trucks showed up ! Steve- would I have loved for a huge turnout?- you bet your azz I woulda ! Look at the "special" Holiday pricing at the fuel pumps= GOUGE ! The Holiday itself, many people plan that day to be with the most important part of their lives, that being their families, so it is very understandable to me the low numbers for the turnout that we had. That was the day that M.I.R. had available for us- do we take a chance or refuse that day? We took a chance, and for the trucks and racers that DID show up we were there to give them racing. To say it wasn't a learning experience would be putting it mildly. Josh and Karl drove all the way in from Ohio to set up their display, TNT Dyno dragged in their dyno (2 hour drive) Randy flew in from Washington State, so we were all collectively rolling the dice with the anticipation of a good turnout..... The racers that ran collected their points for the Points Series, collected any Contingencies, and were awarded really nice trophies- and we move on to the next event ( which is NOT on a Holiday )...... The NHRDA is not abandoning the North East, we are building this Division for the long term. With each event we learn.......:Cheer:

Steve, I along with the other NHRDA volunteers drove down from Jersey sat in that danged holiday traffic and helped put on the event, on our own dime mind you, no matter how many trucks showed up ! Steve- would I have loved for a huge turnout?- you bet your azz I woulda ! Look at the "special" Holiday pricing at the fuel pumps= GOUGE ! The Holiday itself, many people plan that day to be with the most important part of their lives, that being their families, so it is very understandable to me the low numbers for the turnout that we had. That was the day that M.I.R. had available for us- do we take a chance or refuse that day? We took a chance, and for the trucks and racers that DID show up we were there to give them racing. To say it wasn't a learning experience would be putting it mildly. Josh and Karl drove all the way in from Ohio to set up their display, TNT Dyno dragged in their dyno (2 hour drive) Randy flew in from Washington State, so we were all collectively rolling the dice with the anticipation of a good turnout..... The racers that ran collected their points for the Points Series, collected any Contingencies, and were awarded really nice trophies- and we move on to the next event ( which is NOT on a Holiday )...... The NHRDA is not abandoning the North East, we are building this Division for the long term. With each event we learn.......:Cheer:

:clap::clap: Well said Jeff. Carl (spelled with a "C" not a "K" Jeff) an I drove over 7 hours hoping for a good day. It was sunny and 70* out....that was a good day. Like I said before, an I know Randy and Jeff both feel the same way, each event will get a little bigger, and better. Sooner or later it will be just as big as the Division 1 races IMO. At any rate, it was nice to meet some new people, and see you again Steve, I still think you have one of the quickest Dodges around us in your class.

Back