Dj's New Intercooler?

As far as driving it around town, it was great. The egt's were down about 200 degrees and spool up was alot faster with the new turbo. Unfortunately the only track time I got was about 10 lbs. of boost at 12-1400rpms. Coming out of the water box the pinion gear broke on the rearend.

I have no track times to backup my data but the workmanship is excellent and my common sense tells me, from what I saw, that it is a good investment for my truck. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an intercooler.

DJ :evil

I have the same intercooler...definitely a worthwhile investment if you need the additional cooling.

Extended Power said:
Is it DJ's intercooler?
Or does he just sell it?

The intercooler is made by Joe Hellmann. We're working with him and can offer pricing.

DJ

If you guys are interested, let me know how many and we could start a group buy. I'm sure Mr. Hellmann will work with us. You won't be disappointed. They are very well made.

Ivan, I don't know about trading in your Banks though LOL

Last edited:
I think im interested...just got to figure out the shipping to canada:bang ...

With the banks return, i would take it and try and smash Gale's head thru it...:kick:

djdieseltech said:
If you guys are interested, let me know how many and we could start a group buy. I'm sure Mr. Hellmann will work with us. You won't be disappointed. They are very well made.

Ivan, I don't know about trading in your Banks though LOL

Let me know and I will put it into the group buy newsletter

You guys are killing me!! :bang I just bought and installed a Spearco. Oh well it's a pretty nice one also.

Theres nothing Wrong with either the spearco or the hellman. Unless of course you ask Lott or Bunting. LOL

i'd be interested. for chits and giggles, can someone pm me the std. retail price so i can figure if I'm anywhere in the ballpark as far as budget?

Dalpilot said:
Theres nothing Wrong with either the spearco or the hellman. Unless of course you ask Lott or Bunting. LOL

Oh boy Tim you just open a BIG can of WORMS! *bdh* *bdh* :hehe:

leros said:
You guys are killing me!! :bang I just bought and installed a Spearco. Oh well it's a pretty nice one also.

steve dont worry you have the BEST IC no questions asked.

this thread is called "give me free intercooler , me make post"

BIGRPOWR said:
steve dont worry you have the BEST IC no questions asked.

You are entitled to your opinion Sir. That's why we're all here and it's always appreciated. :thankyou2:

BIGRPOWR said:
this thread is called "give me free intercooler , me make post"

Why would you say that? That's a really expensive gift. Are you making a contribution? :pop: :pop:

Thanks,
Vivian

it would be an expensive gift if it was a spearco. dont worry vivian i will send you a gift. what is dj's choice of liquor?

but i said that based on this question:

Hey Rich,

I'm looking for a good intercooler and a sponsor for it too. My EGT's are getting out of hand.

DJ

Last edited:
Have you ever seen Hellmann's intercooler? DJ was very impressed with the workmanship. I'm don't know much about welding but he liked it so much he called me over to show me how well it was made.

I'm sure Spearco makes a great intercooler. Did you get a free one?

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
Back