Dmax help?

Buddies LB7 has been acting wierd lately about not starting, and dying. When down to a 1/4 tank it will sometimes start and die or not start at all. He says its been getting pretty bad mileage lately, fuel filter maybe? Hes got a juice with attitude on it that has a mind of its own when it wants to work right, its the 2nd one hes had. Hope this helps, thx guys.

01 lb7

my truck had that same problem. when it drops below freezing and i don't plug it in i'll start it up then it will run for 10 seconds and stall out. Then i pop the hood and re-prime the fuel system by the handprimer on top of the filter housing for about 30 pumps then it fires back up and runs without a problem. I thought it was the fuel inj. pump pressure regulator because it was surging also and it seemed to be fixed for about 2 months and that same problem is back. get back to me if you found a fix to that problem because, it's annoying when your responding to a MVA and your truck won't start.:bang

we had one doing that and ended up replacing the fuel lines to and from the the filter housing and the water in fuel plug in the bottom of the fuel filter.

Start with replacing the fuel filter and check the hoses and housing for cracks. He might get lucky and just have a plugged fuel filter.

Also, check if it smokes at startup. It is an LB7 and he may have a bad injector.

DO NOT USE ETHER!!!!!! EVER....on a common rail!!!!!

Dix

Supposed to change them at 15k but most do 10k, these dam double pleats clog faster than the old singles but atleast the injectors last longer.

Back