DMS1707 vs. duramini vs.Trentnell this weekend!!!!!!

something for you guys to know about the sac track is that it always reads about 3-4mph fast at the 1/4 the 1/8 is generally right and the '60 is about .002-.003 fast also.. Just so you guys know this is compaired to every other nhra track in the central west coast. My gf runs top dragster and we were at sac for two weekends in a row. Her car ran consistant running 3 runs at 7.17 at 194 the slowest 7.22 at 191 with 60' in the 1.01-1.039 range se we see how it compairs to the other tracks as well as feedback from the other competitors.. just food for thought guys running numbers

something for you guys to know about the sac track is that it always reads about 3-4mph fast at the 1/4 the 1/8 is generally right and the '60 is about .002-.003 fast also.. Just so you guys know this is compaired to every other nhra track in the central west coast. My gf runs top dragster and we were at sac for two weekends in a row. Her car ran consistant running 3 runs at 7.17 at 194 the slowest 7.22 at 191 with 60' in the 1.01-1.039 range se we see how it compairs to the other tracks as well as feedback from the other competitors.. just food for thought guys running numbers

I love those kind of tracks, Spokane use to be that way as well. Very fast.

The only way to win with a slower et is by a better reaction time. That should answer your question.

So how did Dimitri win that round? He was behind the guy when they went by and the other guy had a faster et, sure didn't look like Dimitri treed him either. Did Dimitri had enough power that he dogged or braked? And what in the world was that dude in the pickup doing driving in the chase lane next to the track, that is a complete no no??

I love those kind of tracks, Spokane use to be that way as well. Very fast.

I had heard the same thing from my gasser racing friends, but didn't want to pee in anyone's wheaties (especially if it involves setting records). The way that I heard it, the staging beams are set very tight (i.e., you tend to redlight at Sacramento with the same setup that is always green elsewhere), the 60' clocks are a little too close (hence a bit quicker than normal 60'), the ET clocks were pretty close to normal, but the MPH was noticeably high (like the mph beam is set closer to the finish line than the regulation 66'). That all jived with what I experienced in my slow truck.

Spokane was just weird, they set the finish line beams close (like it was a 1310' race instead of 1320'), and set the MPH beams too close to the finish line, so that you ran quicker AND faster than any place else. There was a sign there that said something like "World's Fastest 1/4-mile", and we always used to joke that it should read "World's SHORTEST 1/4-mile".

:rockwoot:
So how did Dimitri win that round? He was behind the guy when they went by and the other guy had a faster et, sure didn't look like Dimitri treed him either. Did Dimitri had enough power that he dogged or braked? And what in the world was that dude in the pickup doing driving in the chase lane next to the track, that is a complete no no??

Dimitri treed me and that was the difference. That was the most fun I've ever had losing. Wasn't expecting to be able to compete with Dimitri much less having a faster E.T. I don't have the time slip with me right now but will post it tomorrow.

I would like to thank JH for their help throughout the years, and congrats to Harvey on his run, and Randy and his crew for a great event. :rockwoot:

I had heard the same thing from my gasser racing friends, but didn't want to pee in anyone's wheaties (especially if it involves setting records). The way that I heard it, the staging beams are set very tight (i.e., you tend to redlight at Sacramento with the same setup that is always green elsewhere), the 60' clocks are a little too close (hence a bit quicker than normal 60'), the ET clocks were pretty close to normal, but the MPH was noticeably high (like the mph beam is set closer to the finish line than the regulation 66'). That all jived with what I experienced in my slow truck.

Spokane was just weird, they set the finish line beams close (like it was a 1310' race instead of 1320'), and set the MPH beams too close to the finish line, so that you ran quicker AND faster than any place else. There was a sign there that said something like "World's Fastest 1/4-mile", and we always used to joke that it should read "World's SHORTEST 1/4-mile".

Not pissing in my wheaties , I am a racer and have built a race truck , not a test and tune record setter , i will be running tracks all over the country so i have no use for a time the truck cant run again fairly consistently ( if i chose to run it that hard ) but as with any record it will stand , if some one wants to beat it they can drive way out there and try at the same track , its no different than dyno's some read high some read low , in the end it doesnt matter because everyon there the same day is equally affected .

:rockwoot:

Dimitri treed me and that was the difference. That was the most fun I've ever had losing. Wasn't expecting to be able to compete with Dimitri much less having a faster E.T. I don't have the time slip with me right now but will post it tomorrow.

I would like to thank JH for their help throughout the years, and congrats to Harvey on his run, and Randy and his crew for a great event. :rockwoot:

Awesome run. That was the best drag race I have ever witnessed in person. I was glad to see you hit OD and your truck was a runner.

I would also like to say both you and Dimitri were great sports about running them all out no matter what the track officials said. Very awesome sportsmanship.

Def. the highlight of the night. :Cheer:

Thank you, I look forward to racing him agian, second time we've met had lot of fun. Might slow down on sled pulling and focus more on racing, just a lot more fun.

very well put Trent its equal for everyone running at that track .. I just wanted you to know about the numbers for sac..

That is really interesting Adam. I was surprised that I picked up almost 8mph there, without much change to my fueling, and having problems launching as well.
Sean

Same thought Michael, don't want to appear to have sour grapes.

I have good records on logs from past runs. Looking at those when running 3.73 and trapping 138-139mph on various tracks I see 3950 to 4050rpm with the same size tires as Trent.

The 47re has a .69 final ratio compared to Trents .71. Everything else being equal, the math shows for 146mph the rpm's would need to be 4250+ and I think Trent said he was in the 3950rpm range. Still very good MPH.

There was a stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3 duramax that trapped 111+ at the same event.

Same thought Michael, don't want to appear to have sour grapes.

I have good records on logs from past runs. Looking at those when running 3.73 and trapping 138-139mph on various tracks I see 3950 to 4050rpm with the same size tires as Trent.

The 47re has a .69 final ratio compared to Trents .71. Everything else being equal, the math shows for 146mph the rpm's would need to be 4250+ and I think Trent said he was in the 3950rpm range. Still very good MPH.

There was a stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3 duramax that trapped 111+ at the same event.

No sour grapes Rob , I would be really embaresed to claim something that just wasnt there, is it dissapointing ? Sure , but agree with you it was excellent MPH in any case especially for a stock cam and head motor .
just double checked the log and 3994 was about where it was sitting so it does seem to be a bit short , about the best i can do is maybe hit up Boise instead of Sac in a few weeks so i can get some good honest base line #'s and see if i am on the right trck and see what the truck will run , only problem is at boise i will only get a run or 2 and they will boot me , I will have a cage by then but not a lisence :bang When is the next T&T up there Rob ?

Last edited:
No sour grapes Rob , I would be really embaresed to claim something that just wasnt there, is it dissapointing ? Sure , but agree with you it was excellent MPH in any case especially for a stock cam and head motor .
just double checked the log and 3994 was about where it was sitting so it does seem to be a bit short , about the best i can do is maybe hit up Boise instead of Sac in a few weeks so i can get some good honest base line #'s and see if i am on the right trck and see what the truck will run , only problem is at boise i will only get a run or 2 and they will boot me , I will have a cage by then but not a lisence :bang When is the next T&T up there Rob ?

Set it up so you are doing licensing runs ;)

The RPM's I listed were even a bit low from the logs as I tend to stay in the throttle a bit past the line.

Firebird would be a good place to license. They'll let you run it out at the end of licensing.

Firebird Track Schedule

i posted this in another thread but am putting it here too

Randy's Ring & Pinion. RPM Calculator.

I just checked mine and at 146 with .71 / 3.73 / 32" tire is shows 4060 rpm needed , with 33" tall tire it is 3937 , there is speculation the tire could grow to 33" but i have no clue ? any thoughts ?

Trent,
If you haven't already done it, you should get your physical done, then any time you are at a track to make passes, line up two licensed drivers to witness whatever passes you can make that day. The license passes do not have to all be on the same day or at the same track.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

i posted this in another thread but am putting it here too

Randy's Ring & Pinion. RPM Calculator.

I just checked mine and at 146 with .71 / 3.73 / 32" tire is shows 4060 rpm needed , with 33" tall tire it is 3937 , there is speculation the tire could grow to 33" but i have no clue ? any thoughts ?

Measure from the center of the hub to the floor with truck weight sitting on those tires with the air you run at the track and double it.

32" would be great as we wouldn't have had to go to 3:42's

Las Vegas is a great place to do licensing as well. They let you run it all out on the last 3 passes.

I watched a certain driver get a license while the tune-up never made it 9.99 or quicker. Las Vegas is where its at!

Plus I can come watch you run!

Back