do i need 4.10s

03 5.9

right now my truck has 3.73 gears but i've been getting under the charger at the end of the track. my RPMs vary from about 3000 to 3700 going down the track. the exhaust on my turbo is .9 A/R and i'd like to go to a 1.0 or 1.1. truck dyno'd 630hp in july but rail pressure was falling off and it was before i had the flux's in. hope to be making around 700hp by next spring so should i leave the gears i got and try it or switch to 4.10s? thanks

35's with 3.73's 3rd gear locked works very well. You just need to find the combination. You'll need some more hp for sure.

well i had 315/70R17 BFGs i was running and could do 3rd locked but wasn't getting the rpms so i went to a 306/65 tire and put a lot looser converter in and it wasn't tight enough to wait till 3rd gear to lock so i locked in 2nd and shifted to 3rd which is where my rpms would fall and not catch up. how much hp should i shoot for do you think?

I am having the same issue pulling 5th gear in my truck, just have to make more power. I can not keep it spooled up unless it is a very loose track then I can hit 26-27 mph going down the track. Most tracks around here hook hard and I can only get about 21-22mph out of it then it falls off the charger. Also running 33" tires and a dually.

i would say it probally takes every bit of 8-850+ to keep 35's spinning in 3rd locked with 3.73's

Must be some pretty dusty/loose tracks. 3.73s, 35" tires, and 3rd gear is about 38mph wheelspeed at 4000rpm. Thats flat out rollin.

our tracks usually are pretty hard packed so that's why they're hard to break loose. would 750 hp be enough to spin my 305's?

Back