do i need these parts..

hemidiesel

CUMMINS97
Building a pulling motor and was wondering if i needed main studs and a fluid damper before i buy them thanks..

Neither are a bad thing. Tell us more about your motor build.

flat tappet cam schied 13mm pump s480 and if i dont need the the stuff i can put that money else were.

Don't budget on bottom end. If you need the full power potential of a 13mm pump then you need studs, billet rods, and girdle IMO. If you do not need the full power potential of the 13mm then i would build a billet bottom end first with a built benched 12mm. Pumps are much easier to change than pulling the motor and changing bottom end parts.

Building a pulling motor and was wondering if i needed main studs and a fluid damper before i buy them thanks..

From my experience, if you think you might need it, you need it.

I've been wrong before and if I am certain of one thing it is that I'll be wrong again.

Thats standard stuff to use anyway. Only a fool would not use both on a performance build.

Not everyone is made of money. Answer the question(not like I really did either:doh:)

My opinion is that if it was my truck, I would leave both stock(unless I had a money tree.) An upgrade is surely a good idea but less than necessary.

I'd definatley go for the mainstuds, the dampner wouldn't be a bad idea either because thes engines have some bad harmonics up around 4200. Sure some guys do without, but I'd rather have the piece of mind that the block and crank won't be coming apart or moving around when I'm rocking a 13mm pump down the track at full steam.

Back