Do NOT buy the Edge Insight....

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
I bought one for my 2005 Dodge only for its data logging capabilities since I already have 6 gauges reading everything I need. I installed it in my truck last week and the data logger did NOT work.

So I called Edge and they told me they would have to get a program together and call me so I can upload a new file. I called them later that day and installed their update. Needless to say it DID NOT work.

So I called them again and spoke to Cord , he admitted there was a problem and they are looking into it but have no idea when it will be resolved , it may be a day , a week or a month he has no idea.

So I waited 2 days and called them back again and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes I unfortunately got Cord again , who has to be the the worst customer service rep I have ever dealt with in my 25 years of working in the Performance Industry. This time Cord tells me , it should not be such a big deal that my data logger didn't work , it works fine on his truck... WTF !!

So I spent $ 900. on a WORTHLESS monitor and accessories.......

obi-wan.jpg

this is not the forum you are looking for

I used their stuff on my old truck and liked it....but I would agree with "customer service does lack a bit". I've called them a dozen times and begged to talk to a programmer....never got to talk to anyone but sales. $.02

We are talking about the CTS correct?

It would be nice to talk to the programmer since there are other pids I would like to watch that I know for a fact the ecm does read but the CTS doesn't.

Pryin' ECM PID info out of anyone is like pulling teeth that don't exist. I've been trying it for months on this '09. Either no one has a clue what is going on or no one wants to give me any insight on the info.

Pryin' ECM PID info out of anyone is like pulling teeth that don't exist. I've been trying it for months on this '09. Either no one has a clue what is going on or no one wants to give me any insight on the info.

This is my belief. I think the people at Edge are idiots. Last time I talked to one he was like "i dunno" after owning his knowledge on what I can read on another utility on my truck.

I didn't say they were idiots.....they and every other programmer place I've talked to just won't release any info.....like it is classified or something. I'd like a list of PID's and what bytes are refelecting what data...but hells bells....

I didn't say they were idiots.....they and every other programmer place I've talked to just won't release any info.....like it is classified or something. I'd like a list of PID's and what bytes are refelecting what data...but hells bells....

I know. They are my words since I was pretty bugged after hanging up. Guy I talked to sounded like he knew nothing at all tho. Last time I was at Ennis I asked the guy at the booth for info and they told me to call them back. I never did tho.

I am going by what Autoengnunity goes by. There is around 3-400 readings that my ecm has but only a fraction on the Edge. The 05-07 6.0s has a few more readings but its the same engine.

I talked to the guy at TS...he told me to call and ask for ....Cord. :hehe: I never called.

i think i'll give Cord a call and ask him why this damn juice with attitude wont work on my 1998 dodge ram.

Slightly different experience, after the last update I lost my corrected speed. Called support and he went over the basics, then checked with a engineer and then very promptly asked me to upload my data (3min call). Told me he'd call when they had a fix, 2 weeks later the same guy called. Problem fixed, I had a thread going about this and people were saying that Edge is known for excellent support. I agree, they have always taken care of me!

^^ Agreed. When I had problems with my attitude and juice on my 01 they were very prompt at fixing it. Though I did end up uninstalling and reinstalling it twice so I could send it to them, each time I got it back with the latest software and more options to monitor on the display.

Though that was about two or three years back. Things may have changed sense then.

I did buy a CTS from them for my 05. No problems to report with it.

Back