Do Not Copy or Change Without Permission

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
You guys who have gotten a rulebook, or have downloaded it off the website, may have noticed on each page the statement in the title of this thread.

We are working with literally dozens of people and organizations trying to unify Diesel sled pulling rules across the country. We have gladly gave permission to these groups to use our rules, and have trained their techs.

What we can not allow, is individuals or groups to take the rules without permission, put their name on it, with their own, "do not copy statement", and act like its their hard work that have put them together.

Unifying the sport means working with each other, not turning a blind eye to blatant disrespect of others property.

Simple phone call would probably get permission I assume. That is easy enough to do right?

Im not here to start an argument, but isnt this kinda like a catch 22?

Who ever is "stealing" these rules could not have similar rules because they are the same as NADAM but have differances that would be considered changes.

I guess my question is where do you draw the line?

Lets say I have a diesel assocation that has similar rules to you,but I have a rule about tire size for a sled pulling class. now next year you guys decide you want this tire size rule, are you going to call me and ask if you can use it?

Now my point is, there rules and there ever changing how can you copyright somthing like this?

the whole "DO NOT COPY OR CHANGE" thing is BS

It would be nice to have all org's have near the same rules so there isn't a lot of difference between the org's for the guys pulling in several different org's. I thought it said on your site something about Unifying diesel motorsports? Why can't they all work together to get to this goal? Just my 2 cents.

Good question full pull. Anyone can have a 2.6 turbo class, thats not the point. But when you take exact wording, then remove NADMs copyright, and install your own copyright, there is an issue!

Dieselwrencher, that is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Unifying the sport doesn't mean take whatever you want without permission.

Since the day NADM opened its doors, we have tried to work with anyone who was interested in moving Diesel Motor sports forward, and still do.

A few have responded almost violently against that, I have no idea why.

I think there should be ONE set of rules that every organization should follow. A simple meeting might be another step in this direction.

The rules shouldn't be bent for anyone. To many want to show favoritism

John Force has the same set of rules as Cruz Pedregon in NHRA.

If you want to run at a national level, here are the rules to run by.

gene .. at FPP we had the same issue a couple of years back when another group formed and took all of our rules verbatim. they still use these rules today. i was upset at first and took the entire issue to a patent attorney to see what could be done. his answer was that it might take years to resolve and in the process we would spend a ton of money and FOR WHAT?? i look at the entire process as 'flattery'. obviously you have something that is GOOD or else no one would want it.

i look at the entire process as 'flattery'. obviously you have something that is GOOD or else no one would want it.

If someone has something GOOD and i would like to use their idea. I would ASK If i could.

not blatently like gene said.

i have noticed when i ask about 2x4s pulling and mention several National orgs allow it in their rules they dont have a problem.

Flattery or not they should ask first. in some cases askign forgiveness is worse then askign for permission :bang

Understood Rick, no intentions of going to court, just annoying.

Worse things have and will happen, than this minor issue,(one guy has had 3 event names stolen, we haven't had anything that bad yet.) just wanted to let people know, we are here to promote the sport, feel free to ask for help!!

Maybe we should start advertising who is using our rules, 2 lists, the ones who asked, and the ones who didn't, lol!

A simple meeting might be another step in this direction.

NADM would be up for hosting a meeting between promoters, organizations and a class rep from every Diesel sled pulling , not drag racing, :hehe:class in the country.

I wonder how many would show?

Understood Rick, no intentions of going to court, just annoying.

Worse things have and will happen, than this minor issue,(one guy has had 3 event names stolen, we haven't had anything that bad yet.) just wanted to let people know, we are here to promote the sport, feel free to ask for help!!

Maybe we should start advertising who is using our rules, 2 lists, the ones who asked, and the ones who didn't, lol!

Maybe you should. Have you even talked with them about it?

Back