Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

Wait till you spec the cost on the trans service , Its about $250.00 on the filter/Pan and another $150.00 for the fluid. I'm just going to drop the Filter/Pan and clean it and re-install, after that until the cost drops on the Filter/Pan ,I'm only doing fluid changes at 20K intervals.

There is a guy making a pan that has changeable filters for this trans, same guy I got my oil filters from. I am thinking that I will change them at 50k, which will be once a year. I will try and look up the info and pass it along on here later this week.

Wait till you spec the cost on the trans service , Its about $250.00 on the filter/Pan and another $150.00 for the fluid. I'm just going to drop the Filter/Pan and clean it and re-install, after that until the cost drops on the Filter/Pan ,I'm only doing fluid changes at 20K intervals.

You replace the pan every time you change fluid and filter?
And do these pans at least come with a drain plug, or do you need to weld a bung on/buy an aftermarket one?

There is a guy making a pan that has changeable filters for this trans, same guy I got my oil filters from. I am thinking that I will change them at 50k, which will be once a year. I will try and look up the info and pass it along on here later this week.

Please do.....

I was just looking for it and I can not seem to find it. The guy goes by mopar ecodiesel on youtube and mustandshawn2001 on most forums. I know I saw it a while back, maybe I can find it back eventually. He now has 111,000 on his 2014 and has done two transmission services.

Here is his youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEpmd20ULYnSQlZ45B5fHgg

Does anybody have one with tuning on it? TS had a box out, but stopped selling to update it. I haven't heard anything out of them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do Banks Bullet.. I have 5322 miles with the Bullet ,its a nice little pressure Box. Total mileage 7400. I just did oil change last night , I could have run that oil to 10 K easily. I put 5-30 Pennzoil platinum, (On sale at Autozone will be putting Schaeffer's S-9000 on the next change) the Heck with the Euro, I also checked my intake tube for oil ,it just a film on the outer walls.

Attachments

• Banks Bullet 3.0.jpg
    Banks Bullet 3.0.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Remove all that acoustic sound insulation that's choking the motor and clear coat everything in engine bay motor), Dia-electric all the connections also, it took me 5 Hrs to remove the Sound insulation and Connections, (Heck the cover on the pump weight 4 LBS),this included the big harnesses on PCM/PDC and Frame ones.

Attachments

• Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Ecodiesel 3 0.jpg
    Ecodiesel 3 0.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
My wife is about tired of the cramped back seat in our 07.5 Duramax. I'm trying to figure out what to get next........

I ordered My ED in Feb 15 received Mar 15 the 3.0 option was $3175, in 14 it was $2895 in 16 its $4175 ugh. better start looking at 15 "like NOW"

My wife is about tired of the cramped back seat in our 07.5 Duramax. I'm trying to figure out what to get next........

You don't let your wife ride in the front?? Lol

The ecodiesel is a pretty cool rig. Guy at work just bought one, he loves it. I was impressed on the test drive too

You don't let your wife ride in the front?? Lol

The ecodiesel is a pretty cool rig. Guy at work just bought one, he loves it. I was impressed on the test drive too

Ha!!! We are just tired of fighting the small backseat with 2 boys in car seats. It's not bad, until you cram a car seat back thete

Remove all that acoustic sound insulation that's choking the motor and clear coat everything in engine bay motor), Dia-electric all the connections also, it took me 5 Hrs to remove the Sound insulation and Connections, (Heck the cover on the pump weight 4 LBS),this included the big harnesses on PCM/PDC and Frame ones.

Wow, that actually looks like a motor again, not a big plastic pile of crap. Might have to do that next time I change oil again.

I was just looking for it and I can not seem to find it. The guy goes by mopar ecodiesel on youtube and mustandshawn2001 on most forums. I know I saw it a while back, maybe I can find it back eventually. He now has 111,000 on his 2014 and has done two transmission services.

Here is his youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEpmd20ULYnSQlZ45B5fHgg

I've watched all of that cat's videos. He sure seems to be an intelligent fella. Can't tell what it is he does for a living (delivers something in trailer up north) but he sure puts some miles on.

Informative.

Shawn (Mustang) made some changes, But My experience differ form his ,the Intake and the oil bypass are something to be avoid. If your ED is puking excessive oil you have some type of internal pressure problem that eventually will cost you the Motor.

Ha!!! We are just tired of fighting the small backseat with 2 boys in car seats. It's not bad, until you cram a car seat back thete

Backseat in 2014/15 GM's are WAY nicer.

That being said, if I didn't need a dually to drag a 35' trailer, I'd be looking at the EcoDiesel. Just can't get past the crappy dealer in my area though. I was ready to kill them over my 2010 6.7L...went Duramax a year and a half ago and haven't had to worry about whether my truck would start every morning.

Chris

Back