Dodge boy might go chevy 02 duramax

Crazylunker

I've been a lurker here for a while and thought I'd ask here if there is anything I should be concerned about.

I'm looking at an 02 250 RC 4X4 with extremely low mileage (under 10,000), and was wondering if there is anything I should look for, it has never had injectors and is there a way to tell if it has the bad ones? also if they are, how expensive are they if out of warrantee? and last what programmer would you guys recomend:rockwoot:

I've been a lurker here for a while and thought I'd ask here if there is anything I should be concerned about.

I'm looking at an 02 250 RC 4X4 with extremely low mileage (under 10,000), and was wondering if there is anything I should look for, it has never had injectors and is there a way to tell if it has the bad ones? also if they are, how expensive are they if out of warrantee? and last what programmer would you guys recomend:rockwoot:

If it runs good and doesn't smoke or knock, I wouldn't be too concerned about the injectors being bad with that low of mileage. You could run an injector balance test to double check they are okay. I think new injectors are $1,000+. As far as programmer, I would go EFILive, it'll do anything you want. From tow tunes to full blown race tunes. Hope this helps $.02

It runs like new, just not sure what to look for. I'll look into the EFIlive, thanks.

Rich

EFI is custom tuning and is nice it you like to mess with your truck a lot. If you just want some good tuning and don't want to mess around with leaning how to tune get PPE. Power wise there about the same EFI a a little bit of a edge unless you want to add turbos ETC then EFI starts to shine a bit more.

If u want something cheap for now I've got a hypertech 3 u can have for 150 bones

Back