Dodge V10 fan clutch with Ford 7.3 blade installed

bbbxcursion

traitor
Thanks for the suggestion Bean! I installed this combo last week to see how well it works in the Phoenix summer. I'm running a Ford 6.0 radiator and shroud. I used to have the Cummins electric clutch with the Ford 6.0 fan blade. That combo worked ok but it was a pain to turn it on and off as needed. If I wasn't paying attention the truck could get warm. The Dodge V10 clutch matches right up to the 7.3 fan blade and the overall height is shorter than the combo I had before. The V10 clutch screws right onto the common rail. Dodge fan clutch part # 52027885 can be bought under $80. Overall height is 3 5/8" from front of fan clutch to the Cummins hub. The fan clutch sticks out further than the fan blade. Bolt up a 7.3 fan blade and you're good to go! I don't see the need for the GOS adapter $$ if you can just bolt it to a Dodge V10 fan clutch. Save your $$ for go-fast mods! Thanks again to Bean, he allowed me to post this and has never steered me in the wrong direction :Cheer:

Is the CR fan hub the same size as the 12V? Seems so, but I can't be sure.

bbxcursion how much smaller is the 7.3 fan compared to the cr fan. I have the cr shroud and am worried it will be to small?

Are you able to measure it. I am just wondering if the 7.3 fan will move enough air to keep the motor cool while towing heavy through the mountains. My 6.0 fan is 23'' across and the cr fan is 27'' so it is considerably bigger.

I was wanting to know if the CR fan hub and the 12V fan hub the same diameter. I'm wanting to run this setup on my 12V because I need all the fan clearance I can get. I think they are the same size fan hubs, but thought someone here could answer this instead of me waiting 3 weeks for a CR to check it out on.

Back