Does anyone else have trouble starting over?

2141pete

Hell I dont know
I really didn't think it would be this hard. I decides after going as far as I did with the blue truck I would never get carried away like that again. I just don't need a 700+hp daily driver for a 2 mile round trip commute to work. I am trying to decide how far to go with the new truck but it is hard. I am so used to shooting for north of 750hp it seems like I get carried away with what I want to do next. I honestley think 575-600hp will be plenty with the new truck but it is easy to be overzelous LOL

New truck is a 94 reg cab swb 2wd. So far the truck has a gutted 160 pump with a 4k kit, big holders and a rack cap, garmon 5.0's, a precision 66/68/14, banks twin ram, intake, exhaust, guages. I have have a built tranny on the way this week and a HD 181/210, Maxspool pushrods, ARP 12mm studs, 12 60lb springs, and a set of BD valve covers waiting to go on. I honestley just don't know what to do next. More than anything I like a good running street truck but like to perform at the track. I can't decide if I would be better spending my remaining money on a ported O-ringed head, built pump, or small street twins.

I plan to find a set of slicks before I change anymore besides the tranny and cam. I will more than likley already have what I want but I will always want more LOL. I would like to find a 180hp pump to max out.

It is just hard, everyone keeps telling me this 12v will like different things than a 24v. It is hard to not just say a maxed out 12mm pump and 68-72mm S400 would just be the easiest way to go so I don't go through thousadns deciding that is the setup I like again LOL

Ha, this hobby will make your head spin right off your shoulders that's for sure. Problem is you never know if you do or don't like something until you try it

I have been considering it big time. I need a reason to sell some things and that is as good of reason as any. I would have to let go of my new rifle though:doh:

Yeah I just picked up a new to me S&W Sigma with some money that I don't have LOL but I do plan on getting one after I sell one of my boats.

Ha, this hobby will make your head spin right off your shoulders that's for sure. Problem is you never know if you do or don't like something until you try it

That's the truth.

No kidding man, I spend all day convincing myself I dont need a 13mm pump and an 80+mm charger under this 66. I feel like I don't know how to build a friendly truck anymoreLOLLOLLOL

Yeah I just picked up a new to me S&W Sigma with some money that I don't have LOL but I do plan on getting one after I sell one of my boats.

I recentley traded a boat for my new AR15. There was no way the wife would let me spend the boat money on truck parts so I traded. Now I know she won't let me spend rifle money on the truck so I will have to be creative and trade it for stuff LOLLOL Luckily I am probly moving to Cali so I have a legitimate reason to trade the gun off:evil

No kidding man, I spend all day convincing myself I dont need a 13mm pump and an 80+mm charger under this 66. I feel like I don't know how to build a friendly truck anymoreLOLLOLLOL

Gets to be a PITA after a while, 550 in that truck would be cool to with a tall gear, probably cause I drive 600 miles most weeks and the MPG would be good.

Jim

Gets to be a PITA after a while, 550 in that truck would be cool to with a tall gear, probably cause I drive 600 miles most weeks and the MPG would be good.

Jim

Jim I swear you are my voice of reason. Everytime I think of geting carried away I just remember telling you my initial plan and you nicley telling me "you won't really need that much"LOL

Hard to start over when you haven't finished the one your working on LOL

Hard to start over when you haven't finished the one your working on LOL

Casey told me the blue truck broke the tranny. Has he done anything else to it. He told me a list of stuff that was on the way. After he told me how it ran when it broke my suspicion of an Easy 750+hp with some tuning seems almost possible. I miss that damn truck everyday :(

Back