Does water clean?

JasonCzerak

No really.... Does the steam kinda clean things up?

normally every 3rd start would be a tad rough. bit of blue smoke. Doesn't smell like oil like from a leaky turbo seal, just more of raw fuel smell. Ever since I started playing with water that has stopped.........

Every motor that I have heard about being rebuilt after running water on it seems to be spotless on the inside. No carbon build-up, etc. Just what I've heard though...

Thats an old trick from way back when.........gas or diesel.......get it up to full load ( nice and warm :) ), then give it a nice mist of water.

If you ask Dan schied about his thoughts on water/meth... he will say right away only use water...

The dragster has a chit load of water lines. :) stuff you don't see in normal pictures of stuff like that.

Water cleans Jason but make sure you add a few caps of Dawn dish soap for the best results....:poke:

Friend of mine that works for Cadillac told me a while ago that they use water to clean carbon buildup on engines.

i got my water system at about 60k miles. now i got about 165k miles. just tore the head off to replace the fire rings and the engine looked brand new inside the cylinders and combustion chambers.

the underside of the head..... valve face..... whatever you all want to call it.....:what:

Back