Double batmo 66/74/.91 spool up?

STACKED

How's the spool up gunna be on my 2001 qcsb 2wd 6spd in my sig. soon to be p-pump. Not much info for 2nd gen double batmo's.

I don't know much, but I'm gonna say 1650rpm before she sings, assuming the pump is tweaked and you keep decent injectors.

Last edited:
Hopefully he's trading you 2 turbos, so you'll have a back up when the Batmo blows.

Batmos spool faster then a normal 66/74.91ar. It's their longevity you need to be concerned with.

Bruce seems to like his though. Same for Johnny at Stainless and a few others I know of.

Drew along with other people had not so good of luck. Hopefully yours works better.

Odd you would claim an S400 turbine wheel to spool as fast as an S300, and the S400 uses a 0.90AR housing, the S300 uses a 0.91AR housing.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yes, the 67.7 spools the same, as a 66. Actually it was a tiny bit earlier on my truck, but I can't speak for everyone.

Stating that a 74/83mm wheel will spool faster than a 73/80mm in general...seems more like an opinion. That is a hard claim to make knowing the blade design and weight differences.

We all know I'm no expert at anything, so I can't argue anything. And yes, I suppose it is just opinion, as I have no way of measuring the exact rpm the intake tract starts to pressurize, or what rpm it's at 5psi, etc..., but using the tach on the dash and watching boost gauge, it spools faster with way less drive pressure.

Last edited:
We all know I'm no expert at anything, so I can't argue anything. And yes, I suppose it is just opinion, as I have no way of measuring the exact rpm the intake tract starts to pressurize, or what rpm it's at 5psi, etc..., but using the tach on the dash and watching boost gauge, it spools faster with way less drive pressure.

You arent the only customer ive heard that from now Mike.

I know. I've spoke with a few other forum members as well that say the same thing. I'm really glad I'm an easy sale, or I'd have never bought this one to begin with LOL It did sound too good to be true at the time LOL

I've heard people say their S400 single spools as fast as an HX35...simple facts such as mass and blade design are just that, facts.

I've heard people say their S400 single spools as fast as an HX35...simple facts such as mass and blade design are just that, facts.

LOL, I wouldn't go that far, though with a tighter housing along with this spool flange, I bet it wouldn't be far off.

What I am simply getting at is that typically if someone recommended the use of an S400 single on a VP truck in place of an S300 single, the general consensus may be disagreement. But enter "billet" compressor wheels and a sense of awe, and the facts get skewed.

For example, let's remove the shiny parts and use the following comparison; a cast wheel S465 0.90AR will spool faster than a cast wheel S366 0.91AR, still agree?

Back