Drag truck exhaust

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
Looking for some different ideas for the race trucks exhaust. I can't run a hood stack. I've seen a few trucks with dual stacks on either side if the sliding window and it peaked my interest but I'm not sure yet. I've been thinking about something like that using a steel down pipe and building the rest of the exhaust out of aluminum. Including the stacks, just powder coating them black.

I'm open to ideas. Lets see what you guys have.

Thanks, John

If I had to guess, its a SS or Quick Diesel entry???? No hood stacks allowed.

Personally, I like the idea of two 5" stacks, each about 10" off the vehicles centerline at the front of the bed. Symmetrical, not overkill, keeps smoke behind the cab.

If I had to guess, its a SS or Quick Diesel entry???? No hood stacks allowed.

Personally, I like the idea of two 5" stacks, each about 10" off the vehicles centerline at the front of the bed. Symmetrical, not overkill, keeps smoke behind the cab.

I like this idea. That's what I was talking about before. I'm having a hard time finding pictures of it though.

Yea it is a SS truck. There are a few places that sell big aluminum pipe by me in Colorado. Randy's stacks are nice. I was thinking about that too.

Single 5" Stack in the bed below the Cab height. Dual stacks are a waste of time and weight. Most all of the competitive race trucks have either a hood stack or a single in the bed. I can't think if a single competitive truck with twin stacks.

If you're talking pure function at minimum weight, bring it straight up from the inside of the frame rail. Use the lightest material you can find.

102_0900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Single 5" Stack in the bed below the Cab height. Dual stacks are a waste of time and weight. Most all of the competitive race trucks have either a hood stack or a single in the bed. I can't think if a single competitive truck with twin stacks.

RPS' triple turbo super street truck has two stacks. One for each primary turbo.

I see them, and not arguing, the twin stacks must be a Canadian thing? The Fast trucks down here only need one. LOL

Back