Dragon Fire VP44 on the street?

mikcon

professional bill payer
New to the "built" 24v world so please help if ya can. A Dragon Fire VP44 is what is on a truck I just purchased.
I wanna know if I am going to tear it up driving it on the street. I have the supporting mods (7x18's,big twins,.120 crossover tubes,stock lines I may need to swap in bigger ones) to make use of the pump, but when it was built it wasn't going to see a lot of street time.
Me hell, why own it if you can't drive it? So should I leave it or back it down to a tapped SO and lil smaller injector?
Edge juice and smarty.
Feedback for those who know would be great.
Thank you,
Mike

Yeah, it says on their website it requires a minimum of .093 injector lines and cross over tubes to keep from hurting that big pump. I had a friend with the Dragonfire VP, .093 lines and tubes, 250hp injectors, Air Dog, and a Edge Comp and he drove it on the street everyday for 10K miles, never had an issue with the pump. Then some kid offered him about $5,000 more for the pickup than it was worth at the time so he sold it and bought a common rail.

That sounds promising.
Thanks
Any others?

If you like a lot of smoke on a daily basis, run it. We had that pump with 6x18's, drilled crossovers, and .093 lines and ran it on the street. It did like to get a little jerky when you were barely on the throttle, but open it up and it was smooth.

So another question Idle and just steady cruise.
Does the pump always flow so much more fuel or only when you command it?
Meaning is idling with this pump a bad idea. Like if I am going to just run in the store for a few or if I forgot something in my house can I leave it run with this pump and injectors?
Cruising at say 50-60 for lets say a 30-40 min drive to work some stop and go, If i am easy on the go pedal is the pump still going to flow 140% or whatever they claim or is that just when wide open?
Thank everyone for helping
Mike

We would let ours idle to warm up and cool down before and after pulling it, never had any problems. Not an expert on the flow but I would think it is flowing that much, but when your not full throttle it would just bypass back to the tank. Regardless they are a blast to drive.

Thanks I think I am just gonna give it a chance. What the heck it came with the truck why try to fixit if it ain't broke......yet.
If I start hating it I will swap it down to a SO pump or up to a p-pump.
Suppose to be nice here tomorrow so I will hopefully get some seat time in and report back.
Thanks
Mike

Back