Dragonfire Extreme VP44

cummins01dw

Bad Grammer man lol
I was wondering if anyone has run this pump. Im thinking about up grading my pump when is goes out. I understand that it puts out twice the fuel as a hot rod? I was thinking maybe a monster pump but I can't seem to find info on them.

Might want to use the search feature. But, there are a few guys happy with higher performance levels using an SO pump.

Ditch the monster. There are good running truck with an SO pump. I eould buy a DF b4 a HRVP44.

don't waste your time with a dragonfire or monster pump until you've made 650HP with an SO pump..

Lavon

It depends on what you want cause the Dragonfires look promising. There was a guy that ran 12.40's with out a box and ran slower with the box according to Lavon. I will be making a call to Brady here shortly to see whats going on with that. SO is the way to go so far. Dragonfire looks good for me in the future.

I had one when they first hit the market. I was not impressed, but there was supposed to be some changes made to them.

I ran a 12.83 with out a box, but when I hooked up a edge drag comp it would not go faster than a 13.04. I tried another box, a lot of different settings but nothing worked.

Scheid stage 2

That is what I am running, and there is quite a bit more fuel there than with an SO pump. I picked up 8mph trap speed by just making that switch. The SO pump is very capable though, I would be pretty leery of running a huge pump on a non competition vehicle. They just don't seem to be designed with reliability in mind IMO.
Sean

I have not driven a DFVP but I have rode in one, It had DFVP and some other goodies(I dont want to give away his set up) There was always smoke no matter what the driver was doing it was anything from a light haze to a huge black cloud. The truck was very impressive power and speed wise! He told me that he had to change oil more frequently because of contamination. If you have a daily driver I definately think you would be over doing it. But for a play truck it would definately be cool!

It's a whole deal the injectors and Programming. I think little smoke can be had with the proper supporting mods. Or you can cruise around with Mach 7s and a Drag comp and smoke out Plain City to MArysville and watch the fuel DROP.

Is the price difference worth the power gain over an SO? Maybe if it was a dedicated puller or drag racer. For a street truck imho SO is the way to go.

I'd buy an SOVP before any high dollar VP pump. That's just me though--the SO seems to work fine for me.

I'd buy an SOVP before any high dollar VP pump. That's just me though--the SO seems to work fine for me.

You probably have one of the most impressive SOVP trucks with a single turbo.

I know you're content with your truck, but you could squeeze into the 10's if you play a little more with the nitrous.

Back