Dragster testing

Stingpuller

I went to the track today and made my license passes. I will be ready for TS and hope to turn it up a little bit. I run a fuel limited 8.28 at 167 mph. I'm affraid to put any fuel to it because I have never run with no intercooler and I don't have water on it. I'm finally getting the convertor in the ball park. When I first got it running it would stall at 5200 to 5300 with the smallish fuel that i'm running now. WAY to much! Now we are around 4100 and it pulls hard from the hit. Now the bad problem is it's killing the tires! I never thought that would be a issue but my best 60' today was only a 1.38. I should be 1'oo's when I can get it to leave the line. I have a total of seven passes to date and plan on a couple more hits before TS. I want to thank all the help I have had with the car and plan to add a few new toys and get this thing rolling. thanks everyone. Jeff

Have you tried hitting the tires really, really, really hard at the line? Sometimes I swear it takes a violent hit to get the pro-level slicks to hook up. Something about being engineered for Top Alcohol or Top Fuel makes them like a hard hit.

I'm no tire or traction expert, just curious what all you've tweaked in the first 7 shakedown passes to get that 60' down.

Glad to hear testing went good Jeff. Look forward to TS...it's gonna be fun...

Congrats on the test passes! At least it's goin down track! Was that with any spray? I agree running no intercooler is a little scary.

Congratulations Jeff, do you want that pass posted in the quick 50 or do you want to wait? What tranny are you running, I forgot, also weight, engine (which one), and dragster's name if it has one, (I assume you are tuning it)

Last edited:
^ You better wait, that thing is gonna get nasty fast when it's dialed in. Congrats Jeff, can't wait to see it at TS.

Dragster

That's fine Ken but I hope to improve on it soon. I run a powerglide tranny. It's just a std glide no lockup, I just couldn't swing the 11K for the lockup. I think I made a good call for the money. It took a little work to get the convertor close but it seems to be pretty good. Jason, I was running two 55 jets to help it cool the IAT. I'm not running much fuel for now but I will be and then we will step up the nitrous. There is a video on Duramaxdiesel but I don't have it to load here. I looks like a gas car going down the track. Also you can hear the tires not liking life going down the track.

Jeff
Congratulations! Sounds like it is all coming together well for you. I can't wait to see it in BG .

Congrats on the passes. Sounds like you have your hands full. Don't rush it. Baby steps are a good thing.

Seen Eric post this up on FB...thought I would share here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VacO2-1WxVo&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VacO2-1WxVo&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Lookin' pretty damn good to me...

Have you tried hitting the tires really, really, really hard at the line? Sometimes I swear it takes a violent hit to get the pro-level slicks to hook up. Something about being engineered for Top Alcohol or Top Fuel makes them like a hard hit.

I'm no tire or traction expert, just curious what all you've tweaked in the first 7 shakedown passes to get that 60' down.

^^^ this

Pull 2 pounds out of the tires and leave harder Jeff. Nice runs buddy!

Back