Dreaded Limp Code help p0973

Grudgeguy

1st gen moron
Well the last couple days I've had an intermittent CEL and limp mode with it. Sometimes it will clear out and I'm fine, sometimes it takes a couple times. Trans is brand new and worked great the previous 2 weeks. Not expecting it to be a part but thinking a wire or possibly a short.
Any recommendations on where to start or ideas?

Last one of these I dealt with was a wire rubbed through against the trans just below the top of the bellhousing. Also, I had them be shorted out to the engine oil dipstick from aftermarket intake moving the dipstick against the wiring harness.

Thank you. Looking all over this damn thing with a power probe..... really hate electrical things.

Is there a way to bypass some ****??

YoungDiesel is correct.

The transmission wiring harness has an eyelet that should attach to the top left bolt on the bell housing (about the 11 o-clock position) It might be hard to see without a mirror, but you should be able to follow the wiring harness with your hand and see if you feel anything rubbed.

Take the drive shaft out do you can get up in there better. I'm betting you will find your problem there.

Thanks guys. Work and night school schedule got crazy this week so tomorrow I'll get back to it

Help... gone through the wiring, can't find a problem.

Should I throw an overdrive solenoid at it? What part number is recommended?

Back