Drum to Disk brake issues ?

RILES

F**k your 10%
My truck had a D70 drum rear stock, now has a D80 disk from an 02 and the rear brakes don't seem to be doing their share, do I need the prop valve out of the 02 also? :bang Thanks

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but what all did you have to do to swap rear ends? Does the driveshaft need to be modified or is it the same? Anything else that is different excluding the brakes? Thanks

Oh, and I do think you need the proportioning valve.

Eric

Buddy of mine went from the 70 that came with his 94 to I believe the 80 out of an 01 with disks and everything bolted right up and worked fine. The brakes worked a little bit better but you'll definitely need the proportioning valve to make them work perfect.

thats a big 10-4 on the proportioning valve. I've also heard of people keeping the stock 70 with drums and putting an 80 valve on it. supposed to really step up the rear brakes.

Gary, hey bud can't wait to b.s. next month....been way to long!!

Anyway, we put a 02 D/B Dana 80 in mommas 98, replacing the 70 and I haven't added/changed anything???? Truck does stop darn good but it actually did before the swap! I've got the proportioning valve and even the master cylinder, just never felt as though it needed it!

Gary, hey bud can't wait to b.s. next month....been way to long!!

Anyway, we put a 02 D/B Dana 80 in mommas 98, replacing the 70 and I haven't added/changed anything???? Truck does stop darn good but it actually did before the swap! I've got the proportioning valve and even the master cylinder, just never felt as though it needed it!

Be good to see ya again, I'll buy you a beer or three, tried the prop valve and still not 100% happy, will try master cyl. soon, what the hell it's only money and I get more in two weeks

Back